Who are some great women MTB champs

gritty
gritty Posts: 15
edited February 2014 in Women
I love watching MTB vids on youtube. Who are some of your favorite female riders you can recommend I have a watch of?

Comments

• Gunn-Rita Dahle, but Sabine Spitz- 42 now and still amazingly competitive, she's a legend!

Watch her here: http://youtu.be/MYj8PvDzffI

:D:D:D
    What you give is what you get
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    I ride XC, but it's not the most exciting thing to watch.
    Try Rachel Atherton and Manon Carpenter...
  • gritty
    coppirider wrote:
    Gunn-Rita Dahle, but Sabine Spitz- 42 now and still amazingly competitive, she's a legend!

Watch her here: http://youtu.be/MYj8PvDzffI

:D:D:D

Is UCI the main championship? WAtching this race just now, those women have some serious power in them! Inspirational.
  • gritty
    jimothy78 wrote:

Best of British I see
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    gritty wrote:
    jimothy78 wrote:
    Best of British I see

Absolutely, Manon's from 10miles down the road from where I live, so it's nice to see her doing so well, and she's definitely one to keep an eye on in the future. There's a lot of youth unemployment etc in the welsh valleys, so positive role-models with a can-do attitude and good work-ethic are sorely needed.

Forgot to mention Katy Curd, too - 4X is probably the most spectator-friendly discipline we have in MTB - reckon if anything should be an olympic sport, it should be that.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    BMX on MTBs to the layperson though innit.

Anne Caroline Chausson was all dominating in DH in her day. Missy Giove always had a certain flare to her riding, being a few years ago there's probably less decent footage though.
  • gritty
    njee20 wrote:

Anne Caroline Chausson was all dominating in DH in her day. Missy Giove always had a certain flare to her riding, being a few years ago there's probably less decent footage though.

Missy Giove sounds like my kind of girl...gritty. Will be checking her style out.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    gritty wrote:
    njee20 wrote:

Missy Giove sounds like my kind of girl...gritty. Will be checking her style out.
    just dont get caught with 200lbs of weed.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • gritty
    jimothy78 wrote:
    gritty wrote:
    jimothy78 wrote:
    Best of British I see

Absolutely, Manon's from 10miles down the road from where I live, so it's nice to see her doing so well, and she's definitely one to keep an eye on in the future. There's a lot of youth unemployment etc in the welsh valleys, so positive role-models with a can-do attitude and good work-ethic are sorely needed.

Forgot to mention Katy Curd, too - 4X is probably the most spectator-friendly discipline we have in MTB - reckon if anything should be an olympic sport, it should be that.

Yeah I know what you mean I think sport has got to be one of the best things for the Youth and everyone should be pressed to do something...keeps em out of trouble I imagine. Im 25 now and turning to MTB for my lifestyle kicks (hopefully some other stuff too) tho I get the feeling it woulda been a better kick all along...
  • gritty
    nicklouse wrote:
    gritty wrote:
    njee20 wrote:

just dont get caught with 200lbs of weed.

Even I would not be the bold...I admire her fearlessness though
  • Tracy Moseley, Fionn Griffths, Sabrina Jonnier, Rachel Atherton to name a few :-)
    Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
    2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.