Rookie error number 427

littledove44
littledove44 Posts: 871
edited January 2014 in Road beginners
If you are finding your turbo session a lot more difficult than normal it is a good idea to make sure you have correctly aligned the brake pads when you fitted the turbo wheel and are not riding the bike with the back brake on. :oops:

Comments

• Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Haha! I once went out and after 2-and-a-half-hours realised the back brake was rubbing the whole way. I wondered why it was so hard!

That was back in my early cycling days - wouldnt make such a daft error now... I hope!

Still, at least you doubled your training effect today!
  • olake92
    olake92 Posts: 182
    I once rode a Junior National Series race with my rear wheel pretty loose! I only found out after taking it to the LBS to figure out what was wrong! I check the brakes before every single race now.
    I'm on Twitter! Follow @olake92 for updates on my racing, my team's performance and some generic tweets.
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    Secteur wrote:
    Haha! I once went out and after 2-and-a-half-hours realised the back brake was rubbing the whole way. I wondered why it was so hard!

Yep me too!

Also last summer my bike developed a nasty rattle, after about 3 weeks, having checked every component on the bike, I found the culprit..............loose bottle cage!
  • Ive done this on the rollers! Very good training session though lol :P
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Why bother adjusting the back brake on for a turbo session?
    I open the callipers, swap the back wheel (for one with a turbo tyre on) and leave it open till I swap back to the road tyre. It's not as though you need brakes!

It's not as though I don't do daft things ... just not that one ... yet!