Is it Wednesday yet?

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,318
edited January 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning reprobates,
I thought it was Wednesday, but looked in here and there's no Wednesday thread so I must be in some parallel universe type nightmare.
Last day of work for me this week as I'm on my first aid refresher for the next couple of day. Hopefully there'll be some lovely young ladies to practice being my victims, I mean the casualty, on. Beer and curry tonight so I pity anyone dealing with me tomorrow.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    was just creating one with a really witty title and ended up working, so deleted it!

Morning - today is meetings, followed by a jolly in Chester :)
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Nope its monday :P

Might be in afan for a ride tomorrow, talk to my most local mondraker supplier on possible new bike stuff :P
  • Morning Losers!

I'm not in work!! Wooooo! Booked the rest of the week off last thing yesterday, so have had a wonderful lie in so far.
    My plan is to go vehicle hunting. I'm not sure whether to go with something cheap and cheerful to get me through the next couple of years, whilst I save for a house and brand new car, or do I go for something nearer £10k and hope it lasts me several years (I'd be paying it off for several years, is the truth!)

Decisions decisions. More tea for now though.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    Morning Losers!

I'm not in work!! Wooooo! Booked the rest of the week off last thing yesterday, so have had a wonderful lie in so far.
    My plan is to go vehicle hunting. I'm not sure whether to go with something cheap and cheerful to get me through the next couple of years, whilst I save for a house and brand new car, or do I go for something nearer £10k and hope it lasts me several years (I'd be paying it off for several years, is the truth!)

Decisions decisions. More tea for now though.

Laters!
    Cheap and cheerful every time. Choose carefully and you can get something reasonable, think about what you want to use it for. The extreme of cheap and cheerful is called bangernomics or something. Basically involves buying something for a couple of hundred quid with a years MOT and running it into the ground. If you are faced with a big repair bill you sell it and move on. If it lasts the year and has done well, stick it through another MOT. I think that's a bit extreme though. I bought a very clean 9 year old Audi A4 Estate with no miles for £3.5k off a guy at work, suits me as I've got 2 kids. That'll last me for years and not cost me a lot. Try not to get hung up on badges, you may be able to get virtually the same thing with a different badge a lot cheaper*. Lots of other advice I could give but should really do some work.

* says the pratt with an Audi
  • Yeah, I have always bought cheap and cheerful in the past, but the current car has been a disaster. Cost me £5k and has cost me hundreds of pounds a year to keep running it! I'm after something with 5 doors and low MPG due to commute. I'm looking at Volvo estates at the moment, mainly because they're built like tanks, have good MPG and should last me a while.

Should...
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    I don't know that Volvos are as good as they used to be, same is true of BMW, Audi and many other brands. Modern cars are often the same under the skin and perceptions of quality are historical. I think Volvo are owned by, or in partnership with, Ford now. So you may find a Mondeo has the same mechanicals and you are paying a premium for nicer trim and a badge. If the price difference is not too much it might be worth going for just because its a nicer place to be.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Good day you bunch of saddle sniffers

Weather on the slpoes a bit cold and grey so sacked it off for the day. Sun out yesterday so did some blasting around, 60mph my fastest so far. Did 75 last year so need to grow a bigger set and go for it!

Wondering if i can ditch the bottom feeder for a few days and rent a ski bunny (cheers for the link Stevo) (other prostitution services are available)

Looks like the wine/beer is getting opened........smash on!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Not too bad of a day today. Weather was a joke though.

Had one lesson of maths, bunked the other, and now im doing some Physics work in preparation for a re-test tomorrow. I did well last time. 22/25 = 88%. One of my best so far, hoping to keep it up. So, time to crank on with the projectile motion questions. Woohoo. But first some food is called for.

Ive realised that getting better results really motivates me to study more. Stupid really, as it should be the other way round!

Might watch a film tonight, courtesy of pirate bay. Dont know what film to watch though. Ive watched loads of good ones.

Safe G.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,495
    Evening Twats,

My plans for DH next month have been farked when BPW went from 14 spaces left on the day I've booked as holiday to fully booked in a just over a day :evil: Will have to do something in Kent on the whippet instead. Not amused!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Twats,

My plans for DH next month have been farked when BPW went from 14 spaces left on the day I've booked as holiday to fully booked in a just over a day :evil: Will have to do something in Kent on the whippet instead. Not amused!

cwmcarn and try out the new trail?
  • Stevo_666
    welshkev wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Twats,

CC uplift isn't running on the 14th :( Good news that it's open - didn't see anything on the Cwmdown website yesterday though, you'd think they would be publicising it. Are they back to 2 vans?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Twats,

CC uplift isn't running on the 14th :( Good news that it's open - didn't see anything on the Cwmdown website yesterday though, you'd think they would be publicising it. Are they back to 2 vans?

It's not opening til 12th feb. some people are riding it already though! Not sure how the uplift is going to run yet. I don't think cwmdown are sure either!!
  • Stevo_666
    welshkev wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Twats,

It's not opening til 12th feb. some people are riding it already though! Not sure how the uplift is going to run yet. I don't think cwmdown are sure either!!
    Doh, just spotted it on their facebook page. We were talking about last time we were there - suppose they could alternate between the runs or do one side in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Or something like that. Worth a go even if they're only doing uplifts on the old runs as it's pretty weatherproof and I'm not convinced BPW will have held up as well in a month of constant p1ssing rain :roll:
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149