Dutch tank brake test

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    That's seriously impressive. I'd love to see the size of the brakes needed to stop that much weight that quickly. :shock:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Yikes. No sound on my pc at work, but I should think the sound of that thing bearing down on you would be utterly terrifying.
  • The brakes on AFVs are seriously good. They need to be, and not just because of cyclists. They also grip much better which helps. Unless it's icy...

BBG is also a tracked vehicle/AFV nerd :oops:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hmm I suspect that is photoshopped, the consequences of anything going wrong would be horrific!

Was at Bovingdon once watching them do timed acceleration runs with Scimitars and Scorpions, as they launched only the rear 1/3 of the track was still on the ground, the front must have lifted 3 foot!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    I was genuinely shocked at the braking distance of that. I mean, it weighs 60 odd tonnes!

Rookie, i think they may have tested the braking distance thoroughly, then decided to make a cool video out of it as they knew exactly how much distance is needed to stop.

Or as one of the comments said: "they failed a few times, they just put the people with lowest exam scores first" :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Or as one of the comments said: "they failed a few times, they just put the people with lowest exam scores first" :D
    Best you get back to your studies then Young GT, or you know what could happen.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Best you get back to your studies then Young GT, or you know what could happen.

Insert GT's mum / sherman tank based pun here...