edited October 2014 in Your mountain bikes
This arrived for me the other day:
DSCF0345_zps627cf4f0.jpg

Found this inside of it :D
DSCF0346_zps58988b37.jpg
DSCF0351_zps2c2e2bba.jpg
DSCF0349_zps39feeee2.jpg
DSCF0350_zps1e06b32a.jpg

2014 Nukeproof Mega Am 275 Comp. Did order the 2013 model but the supplier made a mistake with their website as they let me order one without having any. They siad I could take this for the same price :wink: Pikes and Rockshox Monarch Plus R shock are an excellent combo. So smooth over the smaller bumps and soak up the bigger hits with no problems. Uphill isn't a problem either with pedal bob being kept to a minimum. Crying out for a dropper post though, will have to wait a bit as if I spend anymore the wife will not be impressed :lol: SRAM Type 2 rear mech quietens things down on the rear end but still going to fit a chain device. Swapped out the Avid Elixier 3 brakes for my Shimano ones (personal choice) and have stuck on my ODI Yeti grips. Apart from that it standard. Was a bit dubious about the wheel size (supplier said I could send it back for free if I didn't like them) but after a few mins out on the trails I love them. Smoother and faster IMO than riding with 26" wheels and can still turn/chuck it about with no problems (well as much as my skills will allow).

All in all a great bike.....for me anyway :wink:

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
Ribble 7005 Sportive

Comments

• *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Nice ride!!!

Pikes look great!
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    Thanks mate, loving the Pikes :D

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • whitey161
    whitey161 Posts: 110
    Does look great ill give you that and kitted out well.
    Probably got best suspension setup you could hope for.
    Gravity-Fed Media - A page to showcase my MTB and Snowboard Edits

http://www.facebook.com/GFM2005
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Thats proper nice. The colours look better than on the CRC website.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Niiiice... I like the colour needs a dropper though
  • Really nice bike mate.

Which dropper will you go for?
  • Myster101
    Thanks all, has routing for Reverb Stealth so tempted to go for that. Need to stop spending on bikes for a while though so a QR is on its way as a temporary measure :|

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • Myster101
    Thats proper nice. The colours look better than on the CRC website.

Cheers mate, prefer the black/yellow colour scheme but as you'll know you can't get it on the AM Comp. Your TR is looking rather nice as well.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    Welcome to the club :). It looks very nice and shiny. I've been toying with the idea of swapping out my Lyriks for Pikes but I don't know if I can justify the cost!
  • rockmonkeysc
    I was tempted to fit Pikes to mine but after quite a lot of consideration I decided to go for light weight and accept the flex.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    As a new member to the Nukeproof club, if you can just paypal me the £50 membership fee then I'll get your sticker, patch and certificate sent off to you ;)

Awesome bike anyway, and that's well lucky you got a '14 for the price of the '13!
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Myster101
    CitizenLee wrote:
    As a new member to the Nukeproof club, if you can just paypal me the £50 membership fee then I'll get your sticker, patch and certificate sent off to you ;)

Awesome bike anyway, and that's well lucky you got a '14 for the price of the '13!

Hah £50 would be on its way but I'm afraid it's got to go towards a dropper post :roll:

Only been out on it once so far as now have man flu (typically on my days off :x ).

Thought I was quite lucky as well, when they said 'would you mind if we sent you the 2014 with Pikes instead' I had to think for at least a second before agreeing :D

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • rockmonkeysc
    CitizenLee wrote:

You need thay sticker and patch so others can identify your bike as a Nukeproof, my Scalp only has 64 Nukeproof logos on. Not counted on my Mega yet.
  • Myster101
    Hmm think you might be right. People might not be able to tell it's a Nukeproof.......more stickers needed (along with Nukeproof pads, and jersey).

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • rockmonkeysc
    I got a free Nukeproof jersey with my Scalp. It looks good when I wear it under a waterproof :-)
  • Hey nice bike! ;) I've got one of these aswell
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Sweet bike, can't see you needing a chain device though.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Any updates on this ?
  • Myster101
    Any updates on this ?

Not really mate, still the same spec as original post. Only thing I've messed with was a Blackspire Stinger, wasn't sure if it was doing anything, as it has a type 2 rear mech, so took it off again but it's now a lot noisier on the downhills so just ordered an e13 trs.

Pikes are now set up perfect for me after fitting 2 of the spacers (was blowing through full travel on the bigger jumps) and rear shock is great.

Took it to Dalbeattie the other week and did 40k on it with no problems. Whinlatter brings out the best in it though as it love's the downhills :wink:

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • Myster101
    Well it's been a while so thought I'd post a new pic with a few mods. Loving this bike, it just seems to get better and better. Now running 1x10 using a Blackspire 30t chainring, Rockshock Reverb Stealth, X9 shifter, 40mm Hussefelt stem, Shimano SLX M675 brakes, Superstar Nano pedals, ODI Yeti grips and now running tubeless. Only thing that has failed was the freehub (normally reliable I've been told). Quick phone call to Hotlines and I had a new one next day free of charge.

IMG_6933_zpsde0fe96b.jpg

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • That's a smart bike. Where abouts in Cumbria do you ride?
  • Myster101
    Thanks mate. Mainly ride Whinlatter and local trails round Ennerdale etc as it's only 5 mins away from my house.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • Yea whinlatter is fun and not too difficult, have you been to mabie before?
  • Myster101
    Yea did Mabie this year, was ok but not as much fun as Whinlatter (IMO).

Planning a trip to North Wales next year to try a few of the tails down there, can't wait :wink:

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • Myster101
    Oops it wasn't Mabie it was Dalbeattie I went to. Is it worth the trip to Mabie?

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • Whinlatter is more of one big climb one big descent. Well the north loop was. Mabie is more climb descent climb descent etc kind of thing great fun though can easily spend a day there I find.
  • Myster101
    South loop is also one big climb and one big decent. Will have to try Mabie next.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive