The Its only just Tuesday thread

ste_t
ste_t Posts: 1,599
edited January 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning nobbers,

Far too early to be off to work. Today is hopefully the last day of being a buswanker as supposed to picking up my new car later.

Wanted a doctors appointment for today but when I called yesterday they told me I had to call today. Is that normal?! No wonder I never bother!

Laters

Comments

• ste_t wrote:
    Wanted a doctors appointment for today but when I called yesterday they told me I had to call today. Is that normal?! No wonder I never bother!
    Yeah, they make you ring early in the morning, to see who can book the appointments fastest, because, who can book a future appointment. Who knows they are going to be ill!? :roll: It annoys me too!

Morning Losers!

I need to fill my holiday card in today, because otherwise I won't be off for the next 3 days! Yesterday was a bit of busy. I had to attend as a first aider to a lad that had fainted whilst putting an earring in (HA!) which wasted a bit of time.

Nothing much else to report, other than I might go to the Bury away match today, providing I can book the next few days off!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Meh - yet another shoot sleep, knackered

In Birmingham today - got up early & put my running gear on and then looked outside and thought feck that. Regret it now, as at the offices on my own :roll:

Ste - what car then!
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers,

Staring straight down both barrels of a busy day today, but better than being bored. Well, it would be if it wasn't chock full of meetings. Pah.

If I get out tonight near sensible o'clock I may head LBSwards and collect a new frame. If.....

Onwards! To caffiene! And bacons!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    matthew h wrote:

Ste - what car then!

cough*Megane*cough

30000 less miles than the Focus it replaces, left me with enough spare cash to buy the road bike and although fairly nippy won't kill me when I come to renew my insurance (lost my 8 years no claims.)
  • matthew h wrote:
    Meh - yet another shoot sleep, knackered
    Sounds like me except I woke up with flashing patterns in my eyes and a massive headache too!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    f*ck this rain, I need some sun
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning, Another one ith a shoot nights sleep here!
    No2 decided that she was gonna get up at about 2 or 3, which meant as the wife gets up to put her back to bed, everyone else has to be awake! then my brain went into work mode and i just could get back to propper sleep, so when my alarm went off at 05:30 i really didnt wasnt to get out of bed!
    So i'm sitting at my desk completely shattered not doing much work, as the work i have been working on solidly for the last month is nearing "action" the big boss says thank you very much for you hard work but stop. I'm now waiting for a meeting with him so he can say "Go" I wonder what month that might be?

Anywhoo

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Lesson 3 of 3 of ICT. Booooooored. Weather is decent today atleast. Might go for a road ride after school.

Laters.
  • VWsurfbum
    as the day goes on the more Kack i feel, think i might "work from home" after lunch?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Ugh, is it still morning?
    Very glad Monday is over with, 6 staff in today, a significant increase on the 3 that were here yesterday. So I have time to catch up with all the stupid enquiries I didn't have time to do yesterday. My boss is still off, probably will be all week, so I have to try and reschedule my first aid refresher from Thursday and Friday. I'll probably wind up in some dump instead of the one I booked a short stroll from home. With any luck I won't be able to reschedule so can get out of here for a couple of days as it's doing my head in at the moment. I'm sorely tempted to go postal and do away with a few of the phucktards round here.
    Have fun folks.
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Morning Hairies!

More of the same work CBA today but at least it's pay day!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon mooseknuckles

It may only be Tuesday, but it may as well be Saturday as I have training all day tomorrow, meetings all day Thursday and site visits all day Friday so the chances of getting any real work completed are minimal. Same for chances of getting out on the bike given the forecast for rain, rain and rain, with a bit more rain added just in case we haven't had enough rain.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Afternoon knuckle-draggers.

Another uneventful day so far, the highlight has been the postman delivering my Reverb so tonight will involve putting this on the BFe, just another few hours of meh to get through first :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening ladies,

Looks like i might get a contract extension and work from home and part of the week in London.. with a lot more pay to fun the dream bike woop!

in other news bored and cooking lasagne tonight

Laters
  • VWsurfbum
    Sold Beyonce!
    Now to wait for my wheels to turn up.

After all the Ebay fees and postage and pay pal etc, i might as well of kept her!
    Anywhoo
    Tonight will involve packing her away and getting her snug for trip to her new owner. Will be sad to see her go.

Right back to work(ish) i guess
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
    Looks like i might get a contract extension and work from home and part of the week in London.. with a lot more pay to fun the dream bike woop!
    Quote from the man who said he'd never ever ever work in the Big Smoke :)

Evening Gits,

Was due to have a beer after work but some wuss cancelled becuase he's got the lergy so I'm off home shortly. Just in time for my next ride into London, the weather has decided to chuck it down for the next 30 hours :roll: Just need a small dose of MTFU and no problem :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Yeh but its only for like 3-4 months and a few days in a week, so hardly working in the big smoke, and if you could double your money for a few months wouldnt you :P