female junior road races

mamba80
mamba80 Posts: 5,032
edited January 2014 in Amateur race
Why arnt there any? or are there? I am talking open road racing here not cct races.

there appears to be plenty of youth A girls racing in England but where do they race once they become juniors?
I understand from talking to BC there is a high drop out rate amongst the girls at junior level, could there be a correlation ?

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    They get dispensation and race with the seniors, I think last year even the junior national champs welcomed women of all ages, did in 2012 for sure.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    jibberjim wrote:
    They get dispensation and race with the seniors, I think last year even the junior national champs welcomed women of all ages, did in 2012 for sure.
    Juniors don't need dispensation to ride senior races.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,480
    I suspect there's just insufficient numbers and to be honest the junior riders seem to hold their own against seniors. We had a couple of juniors in our women's team last season and they were regularly in the reckoning at National Series / Team Series events. Incidentally, NFTO are backing a junior girl's team this season who will ride the national events.

Edit: There's not many junior only male road races either outside what used to be the Peter Buckley series at National champs.