Frame Advice

jerryfudd
jerryfudd Posts: 343
edited January 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

My commuter MTB bike which is built up on a Montague X90 folding frame is now surplus to requirement and I'm thinking of whether to sell the components, upgrade my wife's bike or get a new frame and turn it into a (non-folding) road MTB/hybrid bike?

Can anyone recommend some frames that would be good for this and take MTB components? ....could I get a hybrid frame or is that for building up with road components?

The bits I have are 26" wheelset, 1 1/8" rigid suspension corrected forks, SLX hydro disc brakes, SLX 3x9 shifters, XT 9 speed cassette, SLX front and rear mech, SLX crank and BB70 bottom bracket.

Dan

Comments

• passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    On One frames, like the inbred, are great value.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • jerryfudd
    passout wrote:

anything sub £100?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    jerryfudd wrote:
    passout wrote:

anything sub £100?

Don't think anything less than £100, the Inbred is £120.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Yeah about £120-£135 I think. I don't think you'll get a nice frame much under £100 - new I mean.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Check out the classifieds on this site ... someone's selling (not me Mods!) a used On One Inbred (and a couple of other HT frames); someone else is selling a Carrera Fury frame ... think the Inbred was £80ish and the Fury £50ish (and from memory, around a size 18 / med) ...
  • jerryfudd
    thanks all, think I'm going to end up breaking it down and upgrading components off my wife's bike not that she'll notice the difference :roll: then sell the folding frame and whats left on here
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    Inbred frames are worth it mate I got mine built it and I love it. Check my sig! :)