Reverb stealth

GJC
GJC Posts: 198
edited January 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi, I am looking to buy a rockshox reverb stealth but they only seem to be available in mmx version, do they come the handle bar mount aswell ? or does this mean they are only compatable with sram shifters?

many thanks GJC
Lapierre Spicy 316 2011

Comments

• I got mine with a bar mount so they are available.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    The MMX lever comes with all the parts you need for running on it's own without Avid brakes, afaik they all come with the parts to run on their own and to run them with avid brakes and sram shifters.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    'Scuse my ignorance, but what's MMX? I'm thinking of buying a reverb later in the year. currently have Avid brakes (and SRAM shifters, but separate mounts, not on matchmakers), but they're about to be swapped for XTs.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    'Scuse my ignorance, but what's MMX? I'm thinking of buying a reverb later in the year. currently have Avid brakes (and SRAM shifters, but separate mounts, not on matchmakers), but they're about to be swapped for XTs.

Basically you can mount an Avid brake and Sram shifter to the latest reverb remotes like this -

reverb_mmx2.jpg
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Ah, I see - a development of the matchmaker mounts then, I guess.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Yes. the Reverb clamp can be used on its own (it comes with a spacer) or as a replacement for an MMX brake lever clamp.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • GJC
    GJC Posts: 198
    Thanks for replys

gjc
    Lapierre Spicy 316 2011