Cipollini Bond

2»

Comments

• 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    Lovely looking bike, have you a weight?

Like the paving as well, love hexagon shapes!
  • 6wheels wrote:
    Lovely looking bike, have you a weight?

All up, including pedals, bottle cages etc. it's 7.5kg. That's using the rather unscientific method of weighing me, then weighing me holding the bike on bathroom scales.

I think the quoted weight for the frame was 1055g - but that was a medium, unpainted frame, where as mine is large.

I'd hoped for a tad lighter, but that said the I did cover the frame & forks in clear heli-tape which also contributes to the 7.5kg weight. SRAM Red or Dura Ace would get a pricier build down even further.

All said and done, that's still 1.2kg lighter than my previous Cube Agree GTC and compared to my 11kg Boardman CX that I use as a winter bike, it'll feel like I'm riding air when the fairer weather finally arrives.
  • tonyhogg
    tonyhogg Posts: 115
    I'm very interested in the cipollini bond but in fluro yellow! not sure on size or the particular geometry of this bike can't seem to find it anywhere?

what made you choose large over medium in this, can I ask your measurements lol

They look beautiful frames in person, I know the shop, seen them up close :-)
  • tonyhogg wrote:
    I'm very interested in the cipollini bond but in fluro yellow! not sure on size or the particular geometry of this bike can't seem to find it anywhere?

I got the geometry off the Paligap ebsite I think.
    https://www.paligap.cc/CIPOLLINI-Bond-F ... Black-Blue)-2013_5064_p#pagetags

I chose the large based on a bike fit I'd had at Team Cycles. I needed a 56cm frame which the large is. I'm 6' tall and buy trousers with a 32/33" inside leg. I'll try and dig out the write up from my fitting and post this too.

Hopefully gonna get my first ride on it this Sunday :D
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Markjaspi wrote:
    Defo needs slamming and deep section wheels, but awesome, cipollini are my favourite bikes, I've got my eye on one of these.

Nice mate.
    what is the obsession with slamming ? The bike fits the rider, if the bike is slammed and doesn't fit what is the point other than nurdy aesthetics ?
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    Markjaspi wrote:
    Defo needs slamming and deep section wheels, but awesome, cipollini are my favourite bikes, I've got my eye on one of these.

Nice mate.
    what is the obsession with slamming ? The bike fits the rider, if the bike is slammed and doesn't fit what is the point other than nurdy aesthetics ?

Much better to have a bike that fits, you'll be faster and won't have to see an osteopath just so your bike looks cool...
  • Mart74
    Mart74 Posts: 111
    tonyhogg wrote:

They look beautiful frames in person, I know the shop, seen them up close :-)

I'm not sure where you're based but a shop in Witney, Oxfordshire has a Fluro yellow and red/black in stock. The Fluro looks awesome
  • Right - I've dug out the sizing from my bike fit session and the scores on the doors are as follows

Inseam - 890mm
    Framesize needed = 57cm +/- 25mm
    Saddle height = 785mm
    Reach = 540mm
    Bar height = 930mm

My bike fitting was done my Nev Martin, through Team Cycles (http://www.teamcycles.org) from whom I purchased the bike and I would thoroughly recommend him. The fitting was done using my previous bike (a Cube Agree GTC Pro). My own setup wasn't a million miles away but my saddle needed raising a few mm and the bars dropping. The benefit of having the above numbers allowed me to work out what size frame, stem etc. I needed.

With regards to the slamming debate - I'm not one who favours zero spacers between the headset and stem. Sure mine has quite a few, but as the last few contributors to this thread have said, having a bike that fits it more important than a bike that looks a tad racier (each to their own though).

I had a quick whip up and down the street today to check the cleat tension on my new shoes whislt the bike felt great, what really impressed over such a short distance was the slickness of the Ultegra 6800 drive-train. Very slick.

Looking forward to Sunday providing the dry weather appears as forecast.
  • tonyhogg
    tonyhogg Posts: 115
    35" inseam? mines only just 32", I'm sure i'm a medium 54ish, I'm only 179cm tall also. I guess I'll need a fit from Nev Martin at Team Cycles, already had a specialized BG fit session lasting 2 1/2 hours, I'm still no clearer! enjoy the bike, let us know how you got on with it.
  • The inseam measurement from the bike fit is from right on the crotch, sitting on a spirit level jammed right up against my nads. If I were.buying trousers they be a 32/33" leg
  • vespario
    vespario Posts: 228
    Considering buying the bond frameset and will swap over all kit from my supersix. What BB does it need to fit 11 speed ultegra?
  • Dazza993
    Dazza993 Posts: 99
    It uses a push fit BB. I think there's a specific BB insert/adapter cups that my LBS used, but I let them sort that out for me.
    Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Sorry to be a dissenter but I find the graphics a bit shouty. Sure it's a great bike but would prefer the brand to be a little less brash and bold. Even Legend does this and to my mind less is more. Scapin have it bang-on and that would be my choice for exotic Italian. Sorry!
  • Dazza993
    Dazza993 Posts: 99
    Each to their own I suppose. Some of the Scapin bikes I looked at could be had with fairly loud paint jobs too.

Mario was a rather flamboyant characters, so I wouldn't expect anything less than shouty on a bike bearing his name.
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Ignore me Dazza, I am just a boring bloke with a Ribble 872! It's only the down tube decals I find a bit ott. Mario was indeed a larger-than-life character so his bikes reflect that I suppose. It was the Scapin Etika RC I was thinking of in particular. Bold and bright but not shouty. 8k though!
  • REDUTOPIA
    REDUTOPIA Posts: 71
    WoW!!! valid bike!!!!