Cube Agree GTC PRO Vs Ribble R872

jaylfc147
jaylfc147 Posts: 49
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi Folks,

Just after some advice before purchasing my first carbon bike. I'm wanting to step up my cycling with a view to start racing either later this year or early next year.

I have considered the Cube Agree GTC comp 2013 which at the moment is only £880 (with a promo code) at Chain Reaction Cycles. This seems like an absolute steal with full 105 and ultegra rear mech and Mavic Askium wheels. This cannot be used on the cycle scheme so this is the only reason i am slightly put off.

The other option is a Ribble R872 which i can get on the cycle scheme. The bike comes to around £1280 with full 105 but budget wheels. I much prefer the look and it looks like with upgrades can end up being a 7kg bike. It is also an all out racer which is what i am after.

Any thoughts on which bike to get would be greatly appreciated.

Also, when do Shimano update their 105 groupset? Is it a yearly thing or spontaneous. I cannot find any information about this on the internet.

P.S Who would pay £50 more for getting Campag Centaur red and black - nice looking groupset imo but have used 105 and seems almost flawless.

Sorry for babbling....

Jimbo