Wet w.end part deux

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,873
edited January 2014 in The Crudcatcher
morning

not enough sleep :(

today is finish an assignment to a reasonable state and have some family time - I don't think the two are compatible though :(

Obviously - I will still make time for the local pub as I didn't get there last night (turns out other pubs were available)

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Crap night sleep because my tongue was really hurting, turns out this morning I'd bitten into it at some point and there was a small bit hanging off. It has been swiftly removed and things are much less painful now albeit somewhat red.

Today will involve bikes for part of the morning, then when the club mates get bored I'll be coming inside to get on the turbo and start getting used to these aero bar thingys for longer periods of time. I've rather foolishly agreed to do a few time trials this year and want to give it a good shot in the student champs, and at the very least beat my team mate as he's a GB triathletey type and a c0ck.

TTFN
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Angry Bird wrote:
    beat my team mate's c0ck.

FTFY

Paintballing and it's pi55ing down!

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning clunge sniffers.

Brewing up for a wet and windy day here too :roll:

Wife's off at a cross country run near fareham so we'll head down there a bit later and then on to the sis in laws for dinner :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning gooch ticklers,

Only a 6 hour shift today but turning out to be hell. Took a booking for 27 for this evening. They called up at 11pm last night wanting to change it to 35 so we explained that we simply do not have the capacity to serve that many meals at once so would have to be staggered. Turned up this morning to find they've actually ordered 111 dishes. Not gonna ne happy when I call them to tell them that a) they are utter mongs and b) that we can't do it so they'll have to try their luck elsewhere.

Off to hospital at 3 as I fubar'd my knee last night and can't walk.

brilliant.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Morning crudders

Today is full of meh, my weekend's demo on a Santa Cruz Bronson has well and truly been farked by the weather, 40mph winds, huge rain and thunderstorms and because of recent tree felling it's a bit exposed on the trails, yesterdays ride wasn't great fun so it's kind of feeling like a waste of a weekend and £45. Gutted as I was hoping to get a better idea of shock and fork set up today after messing around with them last night, might just go for a pootle about and see if they feel any better, but it's not the same as having a proper on it, but given the conditions it's probably as good as it'll get. Serves me right for wanting to try a bike out in the middle of January in Wales! :(

Ahhh well, there's always the demo day Cannock in March, hopefully they'll the Bronson and Solo to try out, and if the weathers anything like it was last year it'll be a darn sight better than it is this weekend!

Laters
  • Afternoon Losers!

I've spent most the afternoon searching for holidays in the Algarve with my friends. My friends have quite amazing boobs, so I insisted we got a villa with a pool. They loved the idea (though for different reasons). I'll take many pictures :twisted:

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Afternoon Losers!

I've spent most the afternoon searching for holidays in the Algarve with my friends. My friends have quite amazing boobs, so I insisted we got a villa with a pool. They loved the idea (though for different reasons). I'll take many pictures :twisted:

Laters!

cannot wait for those photos!

hola tw@s

skied today, didn't go far but feel quite battered, i blame the altitude! not the fact i'm an old get!

on the booze now, would be drinking a lot more but the bottom feeder is a bit slow on the top up! ho hum!

Anyhoo, looks like it's snowing here, could have a good eight inches before the morning ;-)

toodle pip!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Evening gimps,

Survived a weekend in deepest darkest Lincolnshire. Weather was utter shyte so the only real option was to drink h-like quantities of alcohol, eat and talk bollox. All in all a successful weekend :) Pedalling tomorrow so now praying to the weather God to go easy for a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    matthew h wrote:
    morning

today is finish an assignment to a reasonable state and have some family time - I don't think the two are compatible though :(

Obviously - I will still make time for the local pub as I didn't get there last night (turns out other pubs were available)

That is know as the 'triple constraint'. You can have two of something but not 3.

Assignment+Familly time+Bike ride.... nope, impossible

Assignment+Familly time or
    Assignment+Bike ride or
    Familly time+Bike ride, but not all 3.

GT Arrowheads Mum+Bike Ride+Quality = impossible.

Evening Noork supports

Rain wind. No drink. Rain wind, hailstones. Some work. No bike :( Meh.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    matthew h wrote:
    morning

That is know as the 'triple constraint'. You can have two of something but not 3.

Assignment+Familly time+Bike ride.... nope, impossible

Assignment+Familly time or
    Assignment+Bike ride or
    Familly time+Bike ride, but not all 3.

GT Arrowheads Mum+Bike Ride+Quality = impossible.

Evening Noork supports

Rain wind. No drink. Rain wind, hailstones. Some work. No bike :( Meh.

turns out I managed the assignment, 6 mile run, family time and the pub :)
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Evening dorks!

Well I wish somebody would give me back the weekend, or at least tell me where it went. Have achieved lots, finally getting rid of the purple bedroom, swimming, numerous dog walks and parent type stuff with the kids. Unfortunately the heavens opened with full force at 6.45 just as I thought I might get out on the bike, and to be honest I really have had enough of trawling through continuous mud, getting soaked through and cold. So I did an hour on the turbo instead :roll:
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • We have had a weekend?

News to me... Time for a new job I think.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.