Ridley Fenix 7005 105 Edition

dilatory
dilatory Posts: 565
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
Does anyone know anything about Ridley, more specifically http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ridley-fenix-7005-105-special-edition-2013/ this bike?

I've always been a mountain biker but at the end of last year picked myself up (don't laugh) a Carrera Virtuoso Ltd, was almost un-used and cost me £125, couldn't say no. Having never ridden a road bike before I'd picked up a turbo and after deciding to try riding it outside I love road bikes! Put an awful lot of miles on it already, I've set myself a fitness goal that now achieved I will allow myself to spend on a new bike, tho will wait for this shitty weather to come to an end.

The alternative choice would be an offering from Canyon or the Rose Pro SL-2000. Anything around the £800 mark is ideal, so this Ridley Fenix seems to be a decent deal.

Comments

• oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    Bit biased as I own one(an Icarus)but I like them and that seems like a good spec(105/Fulcrums);double check the size is right though.
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • tilesey
    tilesey Posts: 14
    I love mine (Fenix) but as the previous poster mentioned - be very careful about size.

I'm 6' and the medium is as big as I would go.