Continental 4 Season - sidewall repair?

Maxxypriest
Maxxypriest Posts: 231
edited January 2014 in Workshop
Hi

On checking the tyre after a ride today, I noticed a small bulge/tube showing through the sidewall. Relatively small maybe the size of an apple pip but a bulge none the less

I got them off BR sales section and they we're brand new in box so no comeback from a shop

The tyres have covered max 150 miles so obviously trying to see if I can fix rather than shell out 30 slides for a new one

Wondering if I could maybe stick a patch of sorts inside the tyre to cover the hole from the inside so the tube doesn't poke through

Would that work/be safe if done properly?

Thanks

Comments

• kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Get a refund / replacement unless the terms of the sale explained the fault or clearly said no refunds.

They should be happy to help.
  • I bought them off the Bike Rader road sales section off another forum member - brand new and boxed however

Wouldn't expect him to replace them as he wasn't to know

Cheers
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    It should boot up just fine. You can boot something that small without too many worries.

Use a Parks sticky tyre boot, a bit of old tyre, Tyvek envelope, Duct tape etc. etc.

Just check the alignment of your brake blocks etc. to make sure that they are not the cause.

Otherwise, it can just happen, catch a sharp rock in the road or whatever. I've done it in under 100km on a £50 tyre. I cried. (then booted it and rode it without worries).
  • marcusjb wrote:
    It should boot up just fine. You can boot something that small without too many worries.

Use a Parks sticky tyre boot, a bit of old tyre, Tyvek envelope, Duct tape etc. etc.

Just check the alignment of your brake blocks etc. to make sure that they are not the cause.

Otherwise, it can just happen, catch a sharp rock in the road or whatever. I've done it in under 100km on a £50 tyre. I cried. (then booted it and rode it without worries).

Magic - thanks

Will give it a try

Cheers