crack by bottom bracket

bolts100
bolts100 Posts: 20
edited February 2014 in Workshop
Hi

I decided to make the most of the nice weather today and clean my bike. Whilst doing so I noticed a new circular crack by the bottom bracket. It appears just to be the paint that has cracked but should I be worried about this?

zdt1.jpg
iav4.jpg

Thanks
Steve

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Definitely take it back to the shop - looks like the alloy BB insert is moving in the frame which is why the paint has cracked. If you bought it new, could be a warranty issue.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    +1. What's the bike, out of curiosity?
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Another 100% take that back - the BB tube insert is clearly making a bid for freedom.
  • Thanks guys I'll take it back to the shop tomorrow. Was bought new so hopefully not a problem.

It's a 2012 specialized Roubaix. I've had experience with specialized before with a warranty and my experience was good so fingers crossed they'll sort this one for me.

Thanks
    Steve
  • Spesh are great with their warranty - if you are the original owner take the bike and the receipt back to the place you bought it.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    And keep us informed as to result please
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    With it being a Specialized and you being the original owner, you should have few worries - one of the better brands at standing behind their product.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Hi Guys

After a couple of weeks of going backward and forward with Evans Cycles and Specialized I finally picked up a brand new, upgraded frame today :)

In all it was a good experience from both Evans Cycles and Spesh.

Bolts
  • Semantik
    Semantik Posts: 537
    Great to hear the update on this. The right result in the end.