Vittoria Open Corsa EVO KS

Moonbiker
Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
Will theese wear much faster than runbino pros & get more puntures as there race tyres?

I Just bought some because they are cheap & & liked the colour:

Vittoria Open Corsa Evo KX Folding Tyre

Corespun K 290 TPI casing, with mixed polycotton (cotton and polyester) and Kevlar treads
Weight: 270g
Hand made for superior racing performance and comfort
Designed for all year round use, with excellent racing characteristics even in the rain
New tread pattern elongated in the direction of rotation for better ground contact:
"Diamond" tread pattern elongated in the direction of rotation for better ground contact
curved side ribbing for excellent flex-free grip even in the wet
Kevlar SiO2 3D compound with added Silica, for reduced rolling resistance and better grip in the wet
PRB puncture protection

Comments

• schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    I can't comment on whether they will last longer than Rubino Pro but I can vouch for them as a good general use tyre.

I had them on my old BMC Streetfire SSX for many years (until it got nicked) and I never had any problems with them. I used the same bike for everything from commuting to long days in the Alps and they were fine. I'm not going to say I never punctured but they were not any more puncture prone than any other tyre I've used. I ride Vittoria Corsa Evo CX on most of my wheelsets, Corsa Evo Tech on my commuting wheels and Rubino Pro on the singlespeed.
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,205
    If you mean the ones on sale from Planet X for £15 then I've been running them on my commuter for the last two months. I normally use Rubino Pros but changed for the winter as the wet weather grip is pretty sketchy.
    No complaints so far; probably clocked up 1000 miles since fitting them with no signs of wear (and no p****** either!).
    Wet weather grip is significantly better than Rubinos.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Thanks thats kind of what I was hoping to hear. :)

Yeah they seem a real bargin price for a top end tyre.