TFI Fridayyyyy!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited January 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Bad start to the day in that I seem to have pulled a muscle in my back, so I've been waking during the night quite a bit, and I've not enough milk to have cereal, so I'm on toast, which just feels so dry! :evil:

Hopefully the commute won't be as bad as last night, I don't like Oldham!

Off to Bury later, as per usual.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning weird uns

packing suitcases and ski shizzle today as i'm off for two weeks skiing (other holidays are available!) cannot wait, just got a pile of laundry and a house to sort before the bottom feeder gets home!

Laters
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning clunge hunters.

I think you've mentioned your holiday enough now bg.....very envious :)

The day has started well as its Friday, lets see if CRC redeem themselves and get my missing parts to me today otherwise it's another weekend of no bikes :evil:

Anyway off to work and copious amounts of tea interspersed with water as I'm donating blood later!
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Meh

in Birmingham today - which meant an early start after a late night :( Hope to get away at a decent time otherwise pub night might be in danger

BG13 - Didn't realise you were going on holiday, you should have mentioned it
  • bg13
    matthew h wrote:
    Meh

in Birmingham today - which meant an early start after a late night :( Hope to get away at a decent time otherwise pub night might be in danger

I know! I don't usually harp on like this!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Meh

I do - so enjoy!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    BG13 is going on holiday? Where to? What's he doing? I guess Stevo is feeling a lot better than he could have been this morning.
    Very glad it's Friday. Usual poop, busy morning and then a downhill slide to the weekend.
    Onward and upwards to the fryday fry up.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    What's a 'holiday?'

Morning fools,

Got the road bike ready to roll last night. Credit to Rutland, bike is properly set up, literally a case of straightening the bars and tightening the stem. Maiden voyage on the commute to work tomorrow.

Must be off, my latte and breakfast bap are going cold.

Laters
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Morning Hairies,

Thought I would start hanging out here as I enjoy your "sense of humour" and banter, despite my preference for lycra and shaved legs. Hope you'll make me welcome in your usual friendly way? :wink:

As for today, serious CBA with work although I have an internal job interview this afternoon.

Roll on the weekend!
  • arran77
    Hope you'll make me welcome in your usual friendly way? :wink:

F*ck off :P

There are those of us who like both types of bike but we keep quiet about the roadies when here :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • bg13
    Morning Hairies,

Thought I would start hanging out here as I enjoy your "sense of humour" and banter, despite my preference for lycra and shaved legs. Hope you'll make me welcome in your usual friendly way? :wink:

As for today, serious CBA with work although I have an internal job interview this afternoon.

Roll on the weekend!

you stay away from Gts mum! ok.

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • ste_t wrote:
    What's a 'holiday?'
    My definition of it is simply "Not in work"
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    arran77 wrote:

There are those of us who like both types of bike but we keep quiet about the roadies when here :wink:
    You'll ride anything, even GT's mum. Etc, etc...
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Who doesn't ride GT's mum :wink:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Meh

And if you post on here when you're on holiday telling us how great the skiing is, it will be ditch time !

I survived last night's wine slurping event in a far better state than a meeting with Mr h. I didn't even have a hangover this morning :) Somehow last night we managed to convince the posh wine buff that watching stuff like 'Geordie Shore' and Take Me Out' was good telly entertainment that he should watch.

Anyhow, 5 hours of desk based torture and then its the weekend...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    In ICT Lesson 1 out of 2 today. Foooookin boring! Thats all.

See you bell3nds been talking about my mum again, as usual...

Laters.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon chumps!

Today is meh, in the main because

a. It's sunny outside and I've already finished everything I had planned to do today
    b. I didn't bother bringing the bike into work because I thought it would be p*ssing it down and work would take ages
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • ste_t
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I don't.

I prefer 'making love.' Just because there are people queuing up for their turn doesn't make it any less special.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    ste_t wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I don't.

I prefer 'making love.' Just because there are people queuing up for their turn doesn't make it any less special.

Well fair enough, you looked like you were going at her gently enough when I hi fived you, mind you I was sack deep in her noshing gear.

Afternoon scuttlers

Work again today then tomorrow I'm off to a friends as he's going on come dine with me, so I'm trying out his menu
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Gazlar wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I don't.

Well fair enough, you looked like you were going at her gently enough when I hi fived you, mind you I was sack deep in her noshing gear.

Afternoon scuttlers

Work again today then tomorrow I'm off to a friends as he's going on come dine with me, so I'm trying out his menu

So, is there room for one in the rear and we can go for "air tight"????
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I don't.

Afternoon scuttlers

Woah rear of who? We're not making a kinky Conga! And if your trying to go air tight on the go mum best bring some tubeless sealant
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • arran77
    Gazlar wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I don't.

Afternoon scuttlers

Woah rear of who? We're not making a kinky Conga! And if your trying to go air tight on the go mum best bring some tubeless sealant

It's gonna take more than the three of you to make GT's mum air tight, years of over use have left her a little 'loose' :wink:

seanoconn
  • bg13
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

And if you post on here when you're on holiday telling us how great the skiing is, it will be ditch time !

Can i check in to make sure Gts mum is not getting abused too badly?

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Gazlar
    arran77 wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I don't.

Afternoon scuttlers

It's gonna take more than the three of you to make GT's mum air tight, years of over use have left her a little 'loose' :wink:

A little loose? Its like piloting a pedalo down the suez
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Gazlar wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I heard that her hole looks like a ripped out fireplace.

..but I don't care (i've been to Middlesborough) - just stick us both in a room and don't let us out until we stink.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Gazlar wrote:

'Like a wizards sleeve' they said. They were wrong.

You know that pit-thing they threw Hand Solo down in Raiders of the Jedi, or whatever thefuck is was called.....

Evenin' snowballers

Long day in work, following on from other long days in work, and followed by getting the house ready for a lodger who's turning up Monday, which followed a surprise call from said lodger. This meant moving previous lodgers out of the freezer and the under-stairs cupboard and into the garage, or the field behind.

The vax seems to have given up picking up fingernails too. This is going to be a long night......

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • ste_t
    Gazlar wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I don't.

Afternoon scuttlers

WOAH there tiger! We've only just met and you're already wanting to cross swords?! You've not even bought me a beer yet, you'll just have to wait your turn like everyone else.