New pads for Shimano XTR

freakformtb
freakformtb Posts: 4
edited January 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hello,
I have Shimano XTR M985 and would like to change the OEM pads. I wondered if anyone has been using Rahox brake pads. Here is the link http://www.rahoxbrakes.com/rahox-shimano-xtr-m985-disc-brake-pads/. I found this brand browsing in youtube, and they have a nice video of a mtb rotor glowing.
Thanks

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Never heard of em, barely any cheaper than OEM, so it's a no from me. I use Superstar Organic in mine.

First post... affiliated?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I also like Superstar pads. Excellent bite and power combined with good life and bargain price.
  • I have just Google and see that BikeRadar has the most extensive list of brake pad reviews, and I was wondering if someone here could know something about.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Superstar user as well.

Let's see:

SS

Cheaper
    Local
    Comply with DSR.
    Address, phone no, etc easy to find.
    Neil keeps an eye on the forum for problems.
    And this:
    Brake pad Guarantee: If you don’t like them with 45 days of use, send them back and we will give you your money back! We are so confident of the pads we sell; we have a no quibble trial period.

Rahox

More expensive.
    Don't comply with DSR.
    Address hidden at the bottom of T&Cs
    No phone no.
    And this:
    Please contact Rahox Customer Service at xxxxxxxx before returning the products. Products returned to Rahox without proper authorization will not be processed.

So for those reasons, I'm out.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Njee you might be a bit cynical. OP may well be foreign based on the syntax, so they could be local to him.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • OK, SuperStars then

Thank you
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    or uberbike or nukeproof or any one of a number of similarly priced pads