Got a new GT Aggressor 3.0, new parts?

TomDaphon
TomDaphon Posts: 7
edited February 2014 in MTB buying advice
Allright, just got a new GT Aggressor 3.0 2013. I don't really know what parts would fit on it so I was wondering if any of guys would be able to help me out.

Was mainly looking at getting new tires and forks but I was wondering if anyone has had this bike before and upgraded it?

Cheers

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Tyres, 26" but if you just bought it new and are changing the forks, you bought the wrong bike. Why not take it back and get the right one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Tyres, 26" but if you just bought it new and are changing the forks, you bought the wrong bike. Why not take it back and get the right one.

It was a present sorry, should have explained that ahah! I just need forks with a bit more travel, not sure how much is the max for this bike though
  • AAddict
    AAddict Posts: 77
    TomDaphon wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

It was a present sorry, should have explained that ahah! I just need forks with a bit more travel, not sure how much is the max for this bike though

I wouldn't put more than 100-120mm on that frame, it's only designed for XC. (Actually the Aggressor is in the 'Recreational Cycles' section which is the one below XC, so probably nothing over 100mm)
  • AAddict wrote:
    TomDaphon wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

I wouldn't put more than 100-120mm on that frame, it's only designed for XC. (Actually the Aggressor is in the 'Recreational Cycles' section which is the one below XC, so probably nothing over 100mm)

Cheers man, much appreciated :)
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    comes with 63mm forks - TBH I'd not bother doing anything with it or if you insist don't go over 80mm on the forks
  • does anyone know what's the widest tires you could fit on this model? Front and rear? 2.3?

Thanks!