Climbing Mount El Teide on Tenerife

PeterGiant
PeterGiant Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Holidays
Hi mountainbikers

Shortly I´m going to Tenerife and my (wild) plan is to ride to the top of Mount El Teide at 3700 m. But I have some questions. Is it possible to ride all the way to the top? I have found out, that you need a permit from the end of the cablecar and to the top and you have to bring your passport, otherwise you won´t be allowed to go even if you got the permit.

So basicly my question is: is it possible to ride on a mountainbike all the way to the top (if offcourse you got the strenght and power :? )?

And if anyone got some experience climbing the mountain I will be happy to hear about it :)

Best regards

Peter
Denmark

Comments

• RobertHiedrick
    RobertHiedrick Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    I am from Gran Canaria, the island next to Tenerife, and as far as I am concerned you can only reach the top taking the cable car (climbing is not allowed) ;-)

• You can reach the top of cable car on foot, I have done it a few times, doubt very much it is possible with mtb. Also pretty sure you would not get permission to go to the actual summit with a bike.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I lived in Tenerife for a while, I doubt it'd be doable in a mountain bike tbh.

But may be worth asking daz at www.lavatrax.com
  • shanta
    shanta Posts: 278
    Peter

Contact Darren at Lavatrax for all things mtb Tenerife. You are nit allowed to ride just anywhere but he will sort you out.