Colnago AC-R vs Trek Domane 4.7

baileyjb
baileyjb Posts: 41
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
I am looking to buy a new bike. As I am planning to enter a few spotrives this year (did the London 100 last year and now have the bug)

So far I have looked at the Colnago AC-R which I am begin offered at £1800 with 105's or £2400 with 10 speed Di2. I am also considering the Trek Domane 4.7 at £2300 with 11 speed ultegra. (for long shots looking at Mekk Poggio 3.5 which comes with DI2 at £1800 and also the Carbon BIke Solutions CT-1)

Just wondered if any one has any thoughts on which is best. I am looking for a comfortable bike over long distances but also reasonably quick. Budget approx £2-2.5K

Comments

• You may not get comparable value in the component spec for the money - as with some others - but Spesh Roubaix is worth considering for the frame.
  • marcusww
    marcusww Posts: 202
    I own a Spesh tarmac and test rode an AC-R recently - I found the ride very hard on the Colnago. I would definately test ride the AC-R. Before the Tarmac I had a Roubaix - very little difference in ride comfort but the Tarmac is so much stiffer (BB30 frame) and more nimble.