Wahay Wednesday

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited January 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Well it is for me anyway, after a week away I fly home tonight, then I get 2 days off work!

The Yang to this Ying is that I have a minor op' on Friday and will be off the bike for a week and then 2 weeks today I fly back out again......can't win 'em all!
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• Sounds like the Rookie is becoming a Ladyboy!

Morning Losers!

Well work is busy in a good way. Lots of projects on. My chicken/chorizo meal was a complete and utter disaster, it just tastes, hmm, bland? Never mind, it does the trick of feeding me.
    Tonight, a run, followed by a bit of a tidy up, followed by a movie I think.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' hobags,

No practical work will be done today, but lots will get achieved - especially in a 5 hour meeting. Hopefully there will be coffee otherwise I'll be gnawing my own leg off by midday. This troubles me.

Off out tonight with friends and will hopefully head-off some potential squabbles I see building in the near-term. This dissapoints me. Blahdy kids. If there is time, I may also wander to the bike shop to chat to the owners about buying one of his previous frames. This cheers me.

Onwards! To coffee! This pleases me!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    'sup bumders

Tough decision today, Murray vs Federer or economics?

Actually, it's not that tough a decision. This afternoon will involve playing hockey, or sitting down on an astro reading a book depending on how boring it is.

TTFN
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening ladies,

today is.. well coffee and avoiding works since my work mates are in london today.. woop

laters
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Yo scuttlers

Sup?

Word to your mudda I is in work all day innit so is gonna be as bored as yesterday, would much rather be cotching in my crib, ya check me?

After that I may go for a jog with Racing Ralph but we will see
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    work meh is Birmingham based today, but much happier after steak & beer last night :)
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Mornin, at my desk listening to the Clash live at Shea stadium.... great album, saddens me that I never saw them live though, today is trying hard not to tire myself out at work so i can save more energy for poncing around on my bike later....
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Groan, got man flu that would kill a mere mortal to death but I'm battling on because that's the kind of guy I am. But I'm moaning about it because that's also the kind of guy I am. I think I'll hide in a corner and do some catalogue writing. Hmmm, should listen to the Clash whilst doing that having seen pilch's post. I never saw them either, but saw Joe Strummer a few times before he shuffled off.
    I might have to go to the pub tonight to drink special brown medication administered in pint glasses. Matthew h recommended it.
  • Cookeh
    Cookeh Posts: 351
    Morning Kiddie-fiddlers.

Woke up at 6 to prank a flatmate, he was not impressed. That amused me. Coffee then revived me. The current transcribing of lecture notes, however, is boring me half to death. More coffee is definitely in order - is it too early to Irish it??
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I might have to go to the pub tonight to drink special brown medication administered in pint glasses. Matthew h recommended it.

its the future
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work today. Not looking too bad and managed to spend half the morning watching a training webinar, drinking tea and eating crème eggs for breakfast.

Bridezilla has announced I am going to be an auntie. I'm now wondering if the offspring will look like the kid from the Sixth Sense because her husband looks just like him.

Weekend looks like I will be farming on Sunday, sorting fat lambs for market.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    mmm kebab...

lamb chops...

oh the goodness!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    So far all I've acheived today is spending far far far too much money on some Castelli kit because I got bored and the student loan won't spend itself.

Quiet night in for me now :lol:
  • Hi all :)

Thought this looked like the best place to get to know the natices rather than post the old "I'm a n00b," thread so "Alreet!"

And "Wahay Wednesday?" why, yes it is, because it's my Sunday :D
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon mongs!

Today is meh, some fecker nicked all the milk from the fridge!

Other than that I'm celebrating losing nearly a stone in 22 days by eating less, cutting out anything remotely unhealthy, trying to kill myself by either spending at least an hour a day on the turbo trainer or riding the 456 through 20 miles of mud (i've put some lovely chinese no brand 1.2kg wired tyres on for just that extra bit of weight). I even resorting to 100 push ups and sit ups a day (now anyway, 1st January I was so out of condition I managed 9 push ups and 15 sit ups before almost dying). Come the 1st February I am looking forward to drinking one of the cans of guiness from the crate in the kitchen before passing out like the p*ssed lightweight I'll have become.

But I've drawn the line at Quorn and tofu. There's no way I'm eating Quorn or tofu.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    evening you crafty butchers!

more how to be a civvy shizzle today, cv blah, interview blah, networking blah etc

in other news i think i got pinged by a sneakily placed mobile speed camera, think i was doing 35 ish!! buggah!

hon hum! toodles.

ps did i tell y'all i'm off skiing on saturday ;-)
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • But I've drawn the line at Quorn and tofu. There's no way I'm eating Quorn or tofu.
    I accidentally bought some cocktail quorn sausages once and started eating them unknowingly. They tasted disgusting! I wouldn't have bought them if I'd known, but I'm glad I did the 'blind test' as now I have a genuine reason for the hatred.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    bg13 wrote:
    You git.

My skiing plans are getting nowhere fast but I still have hope...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    You git.

in a lockup somewhere?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    You git.

in a lockup somewhere?
    Somewhere in Austria.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    bg13 wrote:
    evening you crafty butchers!

more how to be a civvy shizzle today, cv blah, interview blah, networking blah etc

in other news i think i got pinged by a sneakily placed mobile speed camera, think i was doing 35 ish!! buggah!

hon hum! toodles.

thats not bad.... a week on sunday im going on a week long all expenses paid holiday to Dubai..... :D gonna be doing some driving on the Yas Marina track..... a bit of camel polo..... eating out in the desert with the locals.... should be a blast!!
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike