edited January 2014 in The Crudcatcher
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    How did you stumble over that? Damn cool, in a bike kinda way.
  • Now that is some serious attention to detail!!!! Sad thing is I can only dream to have that much work space for my bikes
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Sweet.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Fantastic, though a bit g@y
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    Guess I am lucky. Just down the road lives Raymond McMahon model engineer. He made this Darjeeling Locomotive from scratch, fully working. It took 5 years. Sorry I cannot get a better picture, i'll ask him and see if he has pictures on-line of some of his work.
    This guy wasn't happy with the quality and precision of Lathes and Bench Drills - so he built his own!

a_DarjeelingGS50_.gif

From this link:

http://www.blackgates.co.uk/body_3_5__gauge_locos.html
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    "Raymond McMahon is currently describing this 7 1/4 inch gauge locomotive, the prototype of which was built by Harland & Wolff in Belfast. With its steam locomotive-like outline it is bound to be a popular design. This model earned Ray a Bronze Medal"

titan.gif
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    "Raymond McMahon is currently describing this 7 1/4 inch gauge locomotive, the prototype of which was built by Harland & Wolff in Belfast. With its steam locomotive-like outline it is bound to be a popular design. This model earned Ray a Bronze Medal"

titan.gif

Pfft. I used to work with a guy on a Home Office project who built his own model railway line, along with at least 4 locos and a set of various carriages and trucks in his rather 'extensive' back garden. He used to go home every day at about 3 to make sure he had time to do more work on them. He was a brilliant M&E engineer who got more done in 5 hours than most did in 8 so I had to indulge his little whims.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • pinno

titan.gif

Pfft. I used to work with a guy on a Home Office project who built his own model railway line, along with at least 4 locos and a set of various carriages and trucks in his rather 'extensive' back garden. He used to go home every day at about 3 to make sure he had time to do more work on them. He was a brilliant M&E engineer who got more done in 5 hours than most did in 8 so I had to indulge his little whims.

I'm not playing one-upmanship. I was just saying that I am lucky to be able to go see what he does. Have a look at his articles in the Model Engineer magazine.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    He made this Darjeeling Locomotive from scratch, fully working.

a_DarjeelingGS50_.gif

From this link:

http://www.blackgates.co.uk/body_3_5__gauge_locos.html

I once made a cup of Darjeeling Tea - is that equally impressive?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Depends how big the cup was.
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122

titan.gif
    So who got silver & gold?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    BigAl wrote:

titan.gif
    So who got silver & gold?

people who died quickly afterwards, not saying the two things are linked but.....................
  • dxman
    dxman Posts: 8
    Wow! awesome amount of patience required i bet. Good hobby for when there is that much snow on the ground.

~j