Does anyone know user Theomerchant?

muso_stu
muso_stu Posts: 74
Hi, I need some help from fellow forumites.

I paid for a Garmin 500 from Theo Merchant on 15th Dec, but no sign of it yet!

He's not logged-onto the forum since 17th Dec and therefore not read the pm's I sent him. I also emailed his hotmail but no reply there either.

From his previous posts he seems like a good guy... but after over a month I'd have at least expected him to have logged-on.

Can anyone vouch for him, or is anyone clubmates with him or know of other ways to contact him?

I should have followed the rules and got his number and address before handing over money... I was in a rush before Xmas. Lesson learned!

Thanks.

Comments

• markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Lets hope he is a good guy,but after a month I fear the worse.
    I always post within 2 days.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Yep he's a local lad, I know a mate of his, so if you don't get any joy, then let me know and I'll send his mate a text.

Personally I wouldn't have left it this long, 5 weeks is a long while.
  • Markyone- thanks, yep, have bought things from yourself and a few others and have had a really good experience so far! Shame about the above.

Velonutter, would appreciate it very much of you'd text Theo's mate. It's been left 5 weeks because I didn't have any other way to try and contact him except email (my fault)- it only just occurred to me to throw it to the forum for help.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Lets hope it gets resolved, john will do his best and I would say he will get it sorted.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • Velonutter
    Just sent you his number
  • muso_stu wrote:
    Hi, I need some help from fellow forumites.

I paid for a Garmin 500 from Theo Merchant on 15th Dec, but no sign of it yet!

He's not logged-onto the forum since 17th Dec and therefore not read the pm's I sent him. I also emailed his hotmail but no reply there either.

From his previous posts he seems like a good guy... but after over a month I'd have at least expected him to have logged-on.

Can anyone vouch for him, or is anyone clubmates with him or know of other ways to contact him?

I should have followed the rules and got his number and address before handing over money... I was in a rush before Xmas. Lesson learned!

Thanks.

I've emailed Stu to chase this up. I've sold a few items on here recently and other forum users who have brought items off myself receive the items quickly and in very good condition, unfortunately on this occasion it seems Stu hasn't received the Garmin which I need to chase up with my post office when I can!!
  • Velonutter
    Theo, 5 weeks have already passed, it will take another 3 weeks for the post office to react, just refund Stu in full and then the matter will be sorted.
  • Velonutter wrote:
    Theo, 5 weeks have already passed, it will take another 3 weeks for the post office to react, just refund Stu in full and then the matter will be sorted.

I'm arranging this with Stu now via email.

Thanks
  • I've agreed to a date of 31st Jan for a refund from Theo. I'll be posting on here on 1st Feb if there are any problems.

A massive thankyou to Velonutter for helping- really appreciated. It was a relief to finally get a response from Theo after a great deal of chasing.

Stu
  • Theo refunded my money today, along with a bit extra as a gesture of goodwill.

I've certainly learnt my lesson to not pay with paypal gift and also to get a buyer's details before handing over money!

So, all sorted- phew!