Time RXS Carbon Pedals

scooby_doo_do
scooby_doo_do Posts: 17
edited January 2014 in Workshop
Morning All,

I was bought some Time RXS Carbon Pedals for Christmas which i thougth were great, but unfortunalty the pedal end (toe clip part) snapped off this weekend on it's 5th outing on the bike. The person that bought them for me no longer has the reciept and doens't remember where she purchased them (althought she's checking her bank account for an entry, so hoping that my help).

I've still got the original box, but I'm not entirely sure what to do with them? - wouldn't of thought they should of broke after 5 uses.

I have contacted Time who provided me the contact for a uk distributer, but they've suggested i contact the original place of purchase, which i don't know. Anyone had any issues with Time pedals? -

thanks

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    There have been some issues with the RXS, although I've been using the same pair of RXS for over five years now and never had any issues at all.

You will have to deal with whichever shop the pedals were bought from. Odd that the buyer can't remember where they were bought...
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    I've snapped 2 sets of RXS like this. First time made me crash in a TT (a first for me!), second time didn't cause any problems other than getting home.

Both times I took them to LBS and both times they went back to distributors (Chicken & Sons, if memory serves). Both times I got replacements FOC. The second time it happened I gave up on them and went to Look Keos. No other pedals snap like these AFAIK. There was a recall a while back, if you google it there's a way of checking if yours were pre or post-recall (a dot stamped on the body next to the inboard bearing).

I'm not a regular big customer at my LBS, but they were happy to send them off to Chickens for me. I didn't buy the pedals there either and they didn't ask me if I had. Suggest you ask nicely at yours and buy them some buns if they get you sorted.