SRAM Apex gear reach issue

hanhamreds
hanhamreds Posts: 100
edited January 2014 in Workshop
Hi all, i have a issue where by I cannot seem to adjust the gear lever reach for the front mech on my CX Team 2014, the other lever works fine.

Has anyone else had this or can help?

Its going in tomorrow for its Free 6 week Halfords service - whats the bet I will be faced with blank expressions if I mention this lol!

Comments

• You can adjust shifter reach on Apex Shifters the leaflet that comes with them tells you how (steps 6 and 7) alos bet someone will have put a vid on U-tube-

http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/2qF4M ... %20C_2.pdf

As to Halfords well not all of them are hopeless - in my local branch a couple of the bike techs are actually really good (others are terrible though!).
  • I know how to adjust them thanks.

What im saying is the left shifter for the front mech doesn't, i think its faulty as i can adjust the other one, AND on my first CX Team 2014(i had three) i could adjust both shifters fine.
  • hanhamreds wrote:
    I know how to adjust them thanks.

What im saying is the left shifter for the front mech doesn't, i think its faulty as i can adjust the other one, AND on my first CX Team 2014(i had three) i could adjust both shifters fine.

Seems logical that if it doesn't do what it should its faulty.
  • Quick update - Bike is being replaced.

So this one will be my 4th CX Team 2014.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    :shock: and to think I was mildly considering getting one...what were the faults that resulted in 3 replacements?
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • hanhamreds wrote:
    Quick update - Bike is being replaced.

Replaced a bike cause the shifter reach adjustment wasn't working ... Eh ???
  • hanhamreds wrote:
    Quick update - Bike is being replaced.

Replaced a bike cause the shifter reach adjustment wasn't working ... Eh ???

yep - he obviously took the easy option there!
  • 1st Bike - paint came off the forks after one ride - cable rub issue.
    2nd Bike - really bad scratches on inside of seat stay near cassette - I didn't ride this bike
    3rd Bike - had for 6 weeks or so, went in for free check, wasn't going to bother but I wanted them to have a look at the left gear lever as i like to move them closer to the bar, but it wouldn't move. Halfords said they spoke to Fisher (I think he said) in Sram support and they can either send the part to them or the better option would be for them to swap the bike.

4th Bike - had first proper ride this morning with no issues.
  • Wow - shame the bikes/components are ropy but can't fault that for customer service I suppose - hope this bike works out ok for you.

Note to self - Don't ever invest in Halfords they'll never make money like that!