Front Derailleur Issue

Cameron2122
Cameron2122 Posts: 55
edited January 2014 in Workshop
As it suggests in the title I'm having issues with my front derailleur. Whilst on a ride I dropped down onto the small chainring for the first time in a while and I didn't notice any issues with my bike. On inspecting the bike when I got home I saw that the front derailleur cable was loose, by loose I mean it was totally out of the anchor bolt and the anchor bolt was no where to be seen itself. There is now no longer the anchor bolt there for me to put the cable through. I thought that I was just being stupid and couldn't see where it was meant to be go. So I have a number of questions. Am i just being blind or is it actually possible for the anchor bolt to have broken off? Secondly, I only bought the bike 6 months ago from Evans so will this be covered under warranty if it is a fault? Thanks a lot. It's a 2013 Trek Madone 4.5 with a Shimano Ultegra Front Derailleur and please comment to let me know if I'm just being blind :D

ps sorry for the awful pic

[t722.jpg

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,223
    Hello there,

I assume it is a FD-6700, I've just had a look at my spare and looking at your photo, could do with a closer view of the clamp area, it appears that the 5mm allen head cable clamping bolt is missing? May have vibrated loose and fallen out on your ride. Should be easy enough to get a replacement from Evans, LBS or hardware shop.