Opinions and help please..

bowdy1987
bowdy1987 Posts: 96
edited January 2014 in Road general
Hi all,

I bought this Genesis flyer before Xmas, and since then have ridden the Schwalbe Durano S that it came with, but not being notoriously renowned for being a commuter tyre I'm a bit pessimistic on their puncture resistance, so have fitted it with a pair of 28mm Gatorskins from an old bike...

Firstly I think the Contis make it look a bit clunky and less sexy than the Schwalbe, so do you guys know of a better, nicer looking (possibly with white banding) more commuter friendly tyre?

Ive only had one flat with the duranos, and this was down to a pot hole in the dark rather than a puncture.

Couple of images here to get my point across, sorry for the not so arty farty photos, the black saddle is a FSA K-Force saddle with upholstery removed, so is just a bare piece of Carbon.

With the Gatorskins
IMG_2623_zpsb281af94.jpg

With the Durano S
IMG_2531_zpsfba124d9.jpg

Comments

• ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Tyres look okay in black IMO. I think it looks better with the white saddle though
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    bowdy1987 wrote:
    Hi all,

I bought this Genesis flyer before Xmas, and since then have ridden the Schwalbe Durano S that it came with, but not being notoriously renowned for being a commuter tyre I'm a bit pessimistic on their puncture resistance, so have fitted it with a pair of 28mm Gatorskins from an old bike...

I use Durano S on my commuter all year round. They are great. Punctures do occasionally happen but I'd rather put up with the occasional puncture than lug heavy, lifeless tyres around.

Main reason not to run those Durano S as commuter tyres is that the white stripe will look pretty crap straight away.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • ju5t1n wrote:
    Tyres look okay in black IMO. I think it looks better with the white saddle though

Completely agree re. the saddle but i just don't get along with it, and the K Force was the comfiest saddle I've ever used prior to it being torn in an accident, so removed the upper.

Ill run these for a week or so and see how I feel, May swap back to the durano s after seeing the below comment, dont like the idea of the marathon plus either, as can see them being lifeless.