Voodoo Bizango VS Boardman 650b Comp

2»

Comments

• mark_fogel wrote:
    PBNinja wrote:
    Just as an update to this, I ended up choosing the Voodoo.

It's been nothing but hassle since I got it, gears were ok but couldn't eliminate chain rub on the front derailleur no matter how it was set up, front brake was crap, mentioned it to Halfords at the 6 week service, their "mechanic" squeezed the lever and said it felt fine to him so off to a proper mechanic who bled the brake, cleaned the pads and reset the caliper. Still crap, all noise and not a whole pile of stopping power.

To top it off, i went out on Saturday and managed to get 30 minutes cycling before the rear cassette stopped turning the wheel (freehub issue?) chain snapped and that was on a very mild cycling track, not an extreme one by any stretch and only on a very gentle incline.

It is 8 or 9 weeks old, Halfords have given me a gift voucher to the tune of £560 which was the price of the bike before 10% British cycling discount.

My only option is to buy a cheaper bike and spend the rest of the money on some kit, or buy the Boardman I was originally thinking of.

Any thoughts folks? Incidentally, if anyone wants a voucher I'll do you a deal!!!

That's quite unlucky... The Boardman is good value for money (I had the Team FS) however its end of season and a really good time to buy a new bike... check out Winstanley they £300 of the Marin Nail Trail 6 29er which means you can get it for £700 just ordered mine and should be getting it in few days. Have a look on CRC too with your discount you can get a Vitus Sentier for decent money too... both bikes have very good reviews out there. Of course you cant ride them before you buy but its never been a problem for me personally (-:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Er the thread is a few years old, and the OP hasn't logged on for the past year. I don't think he's listening.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I've got a Bizango. Great bike and no problems. But then I know how to build, and I sell the Voodoos as well.

If you have a noisy brake then the pads are contaminated with oil. Bleeding won't help. You can't clean pads, if oil gets in them- that's it.

As for chain rub, I can't remember if I get chain rub in small/small or big/big (I don't use these gears but that is extreme amount and if no rub exists, then great)
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Ummm. Hello?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Dozy bunch aren't they?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools