Rear shock not locking out, Scott Spark 960

abarth_1200
abarth_1200 Posts: 370
edited January 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys, just picked up a second hand Scott Spark 960 29er, the guy knocked money off because the rear shock wasn't locking out.

I also noticed it was very stiff like he had it pumped up way too much, I let a little air out just to test it and it seems fine, just need to dial in the right psi for me. Any chances anyone on here could help. If its likely knackered would I be better replacing it, and how would I get info about getting the right replacement/upgrade.

Thanks guys hope you can help

Comments

• mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    Needs a service.... No lockout is often linked to oil level in the damping. This at the very least needs topping up, worst case it'll need parts to repair whatever allowed the oil leak in the first place.
  • D you think it's worth servicing/repairing £130 will get me a brand new manitou shock

Edit can in service it myself
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Doubt you can service the damper. Will the Manitou fit?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So what is the I2I and stroke of the current shock?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • 165 eye to eye 38 stroke but I saw somewhere it might have been 41. X-fusion haven't for a lot of info online to help, in fact type in x fusion E1 RL into their product search and nothing comes up.

Do I need new mounting hardware if I put a new shock on, where do you find these parts.

I've just won a rockshox monarch rt3 on eBay same spec as mine so hopefully it'll fit.