C59 AD10

markyone
markyone Posts: 1,119
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
I am waiting on this beauty to arrive and I am wondering what colour bar tape and cable housing would you guys fit
to this build?i am in between black,blue or white.Should be here very soon :D
IMG_1730_zps10309d1a.jpg
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Having done this agonising over colours stuff and normally getting it wrong I have learned to keep all the fininshing kit, cables and bar tape to black.

With a striking frame anything else starts to look too busy IM (newly found) O.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • animal72
    animal72 Posts: 251
    As above. Keep everything else plain to highlight the (cracking) paintjob...
    Condor Super Acciaio, Record, Deda, Pacentis.
    Curtis 853 Handbuilt MTB, XTR, DT Swiss and lots of Hope.
    Genesis Datum Gravel Bike, Pacentis (again).
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc, 105 & H-Plus-Son.

Mostly Steel.
  • Black cabling, blue bar tape may be acceptable.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Normally I'd agree with the black,black approach though, by the looks of the paint job, if you asked Ernesto he'd say pink bar tape, purple cabling, green tyres and red saddle. :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Black cabling, blue bar tape may be acceptable.

I'd go with this too Mark. What colour is the saddle going to be?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Black cables. Tape to match saddle, black or white. I'd go white personally.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    nothing wrong with blue bar tape, use it myself, cables white and saddle a matching blue, personally
  • markyone
    Black cabling, blue bar tape may be acceptable.

I'd go with this too Mark. What colour is the saddle going to be?
    I have blue bar tape and black bar tape ready to go on but I am in 2 minds.
    I have black saddle but can change that.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Matching saddle and bar tape - and I would go for white as it would nicely balance the with the white downtube. The white/blue one would go nicely:
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/SAFIARCX/fi ... _cx_saddle
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • markyone
    I am thinking white now saddle and bar tape,decisions,decisions.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I wouldn't go for a white saddle, I'd go for a gloss black colnago seatpost and black saddle as the black of the design focusses on the seattube and seatpost which can all be black, and topping it with a white saddle I think would look a bit ott and out of place. A black saddle would let you focus your eyes on the frame, which is what you want to happen. Personally I'd go for black bar tape, but with using a black saddle it would also work with white or blue bar tape but the cables are going to look best in black IMO generally.

See, this one looks wrong to me

th_8ed9c1ce78866d059886ff20cf9118da_c59main3.jpg

...you really need the frame to be the star of the show with a pain scheme like that or you'll end up with it looking like a bit of dogs dinner.

(Id also go with the black gloss Colnago Stem and dump the Acros headset, get the cups pushed out, and install the better looking traditional HS Headset which has a far more sympathetic look than the CNC-ed'ness' of the Acros one they ship now.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Perhaps driven a bit by laziness on my part but I'd have saddle and bar tape in black - major contact points on the bike which can be a bit of a nightmare to keep sparkly (and look tired if not sparkly clean!). I think this plus black cabling would be very neutral and leave the eye to focus on your fab looking new frame.

Assuming you are going campy with your build, may I ask what bottom bracket you are going to fit? I have been gathering bits together for a C59 build and I'm not sure what to do with the bb spec wise. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Peter
  • markyone
    northpole wrote:
    Perhaps driven a bit by laziness on my part but I'd have saddle and bar tape in black - major contact points on the bike which can be a bit of a nightmare to keep sparkly (and look tired if not sparkly clean!). I think this plus black cabling would be very neutral and leave the eye to focus on your fab looking new frame.

Assuming you are going campy with your build, may I ask what bottom bracket you are going to fit? I have been gathering bits together for a C59 build and I'm not sure what to do with the bb spec wise. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Peter
    All the bits is off my c59 which I sold,Campag super record eps along with English bb as I have the campag chainset.
    The frame comes with a black seatpost so most likely build it with black saddle and blue bar tape.
    If the blue looks out of place then I have black in reserve.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Thanks for that. I've ended up with a no bb for my record crankset and was wondering if there was any point in looking beyond campy when choosing the new one.

Peter
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,047
    I'd go white tape and saddle for looks, possibly a black saddle easier to keep looking good as one scuff stands out on a white one, but I'd stay with white tape, it's easy enough to replace it every 6 months. Cables I'd go with black or get some of those silvery non-compression ones - nothing colourful though.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Metallic Blue Fizik Tape would go nice with that Mark, I might have a spare pack if you can't get any, give me a shout if you do?
  • markyone
    Velonutter wrote:
    Metallic Blue Fizik Tape would go nice with that Mark, I might have a spare pack if you can't get any, give me a shout if you do?
    Thanks john
    Whats it like?i have colnago blue tape.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    markyone wrote:
    Velonutter wrote:
    Thanks john
    Whats it like?i have colnago blue tape.

It's exactly like the normal Fizik tape but is metallic Blue, image attached.

I didn't like the Colnago Bar Tape, it was too bulky for my liking.