Avid X0 brakes

Hinchy
Hinchy Posts: 37
edited January 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
I have just finished building up a new xc bike, I have fitted it with avid X0 brakes but they have no contact point adjustment!

The pads rub both front and back and I hardly need to pull the leavers before they lock, any ideas how to adjust the contact point?

Comments

• Seems odd .on x9 there's adjustment at lever for reach and contact point adjustment.check sram website avid section for tech documents
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    new XO don't have adjustment, from 2013 onwards I believe
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • miceden
    miceden Posts: 225
    There is contact point adjustment on the X0 brakes... see where the hydraulic line feeds into the lever body? There is a plastic sleeve that covers the cable and also states that Dot 5.1 fluid is used, then an alu "bolt", then the main lever... that alu bolt is the contact point adjustment, it turns clockwise/anticlockwise to adjust the contact point.

Sram's website does show this and the manual should point it out too. The following review is handy: http://factoryjackson.com/2013/01/09/re ... tupF9LFLDd
  • dusk
    As I said, from 2013 onwards standard X0 brakes don't have bite point adjust, X0 Trail do.
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • Hinchy
    Like dusk said there is no contact point on the 2013, didn't know if anyone knew of a fix!
  • dusk
    you could try pushing the pistons back to reset them, if that doesn't work it might be that you've got too much fluid in the system
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • miceden
    miceden Posts: 225
    dusk wrote:
    As I said, from 2013 onwards standard X0 brakes don't have bite point adjust, X0 Trail do.

I looked on avids site and according to it the silver, which I take to mean standard, and trail both have it... http://www.sram.com/avid/technologies/c ... adjustment ... I guess it must be wrong
  • Hinchy
    It's defo wrong, to adjustment at all!

I tried removing some of the fluid and it seems to have worked but not had time to take the bike out for a spin!
  • dusk
    Definitely wrong seeing as I own a pair! They went lightweight on the standard version and dropped it but kept it for the "heavyweight" trail brakes
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite