creaks and clicks on rear end zesty 514 (6 months old0

endeegee
endeegee Posts: 8
edited January 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi - any advice on how to get rid of creaks and clicks on my relatively new Zesty 514? (6 months old). Is there a way where I can simply spray (but with what) the rear bearing points to help reduce REALLY ANNOYING CREAKS AND CLICKS? What would I use if this were the case or what else could I do? It's definitely the rear end as have already tightened and regreased the obvious creaky areas (saddle, chainring bolts, handlebard bolts etc). Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Strip clean inspect and replace of service.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • damonlock
    damonlock Posts: 170
    i had a 2013 spicy 516 and it was always creaking/clicking to start with it was just the seat but then the bearings started i would have to strip them and re-pack with grease quite often to stop this i did think about upgrading the bearings to some better quality ones but sold the bike instead
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    take it back to the shop you bought it from.
  • Cheers peeps! Wonder if it simply needs a 'tighten up' as been ridden but not properly serviced? Thanks for the advice - all pretty sound. LBS is pretty s#*t but probably what I should do! Don't have the tools to take apart myself so would cost money to buy tools or take to another shop.