Canyon or Moda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

willtri
willtri Posts: 8
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
hi everyone, I know there is many posts on advice on bikes so please don't see this as that. I am purchasing my first carbon bike and have nailed it down to 2 . moda stretto on offer at £1820 and a canyon cf sl 7 at £1400. my concern is I know if I favour these two brands (non high street) I have to be prepared for a slight gamble but does anyone have experience or knowledge advice regarding their warrenty or issues with their frame quality ? obviously canyon is online only and moda is at my local store but moda is a newish company and not a lot about them anywhere. any advice would be much apprieciated. thanks

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    The canyon is 400 quid cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But depends what value you put on your local bike shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • thanks. yes the stretto was and normally is 2690 but I wonder if there is a hidden premium for them branding it as uk made where the german model is a straight forward internet sale . Which is the better quality !!!!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    There's nowt wrong with a moda! They are 'made' in the Far East. Which isn't an issue.

BUT! Make sure the moda is the right size, don't be tempted to buy just because it's discounted. I did that with my first road bike 13 years ago and it nearly put me off riding completely until I had a go on a mates bike that fit me.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Neither. ROSE is where you need yo look in regards to spec, performance, weight and VFM.
  • www777
    www777 Posts: 48
    Hi I have purchased 2 Canyon's love them both, a brilliant bike and the size guide is very good also. Also get good reviews. Hope you make the right choice, good luck.
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    The confusing part of this is that you have one bike for £1820 and one for £1400. For almost the same cash you could get the CF SL 9.0.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Yeah, decide on your budget and then look at the best component spec.
  • Neither. ROSE is where you need yo look in regards to spec, performance, weight and VFM.

What pro teams ride Rose bikes?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Mountain Biking:
    ULTRA SPORTS ROSE RACING TEAM
    ROSE Vaujany Gravity Team // 4X, Downhill, Enduro
  • thanks cheers. yes I know there is a 420 quid difference but I don't really want to spend 1820 unless clearly a better purchase . ive only just had a cube litening race stolen which cost me a fortune.

What pro teams ride Rose bikes?

Colnago were rubbish last year. Wilier still are.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • paul1000
    paul1000 Posts: 190
    I have the old stretto, awesome bike, lifetime frame warrenty, does the canyon come with £600 wheels?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    It's not immediately clear what is happening to Moda at the moment. The Moda website is currently down and Eurobike (the brand owner) is now part of Moore Large. Nothing on the FB page either. So unless someone can put me straight, now might not be the best time to buy one...
  • I must admit ive tried to look into moda but find out very little. even my lbs who sell them are quite vague about them. thanks for your info. Canyon it is !!