'Raw' alloy frames

2»

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Yeah I have mate, I finished 4th in class there last year, then got 3rd/bronze medal at the next round at burycliffe quarry near Matlock. I Was going ok until a practice crash shattered my heel. I'll be riding at Shipley in the comp on Sunday the 23rd of feb if you fancy a ride down, you aren't that far away are you?

No not far away at all, I'm close to Shipley (used to live even closer, in Baildon) - my local door to door rides in summer usually took in Shipley Glen (the climb up alongside the tramway's a real drag though, lol). I used to frequent the Old Glen pub too. Shattered heel sounds a tad painful. I was going to go have a look at the trials round last year (can't remember why I didn't), I think I'll go along for a look on the 23rd, if the weather's ok. Is it held in/around the old quarry area?

080820133279_zps51cbfe7e.jpg
  • No mate it's actually on top of the glen, just off the road on the rocks opposite the visitors centre. It's a good crack like
    2011 carrera fury
    2012 20" onza genesis trials bike
    2014 carrera virtuoso road bike
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I might go along and take a look then, if weather's ok. Top level trials (motorcycle and bicycle) always makes me think "How the f**k? :shock: "