Why is it ....

Graham K
Graham K Posts: 329
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
Why is it that you find a bike that you like spec wise, that you cannot find it in the right colour for you :(

I have rounded myself down to a Trek Domane or Spec Roubaix, but they dont do that spec in a colour I like, Plant-X have caught my eye with a bike, spec and colour to suit but I think it maybe too full on race style for me.

Decisions decisions :oops:

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Why do people compromise on performance and the perfect bike for them for the sake of aesthetics?

Wow this bike is perfect in size with awesome finishing kit, top drawer wheels and groupset all at an amazing price! But I dont like the colour so sodit!
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    I think you just have to live with the colour. I don't like the colour scheme on my Roubaix much, annoyingly the previous ones were nicer.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • People compromise with car colours and look too...
    If a VW is green and costs 2 K less than the silver one, most people would still buy the silver one...
    left the forum March 2023
  • Graham K
    Graham K Posts: 329
    Opening the garage door and seeing 'the bike' in 'the colour' is a good feeling, I had that when i was into cars, ive got it with motorbikes, Its there with the MTB, just need to get the Roadie situation sorted :wink:
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Won't they match your handbag?

I didn't realise that Graham was a girl's name.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Why not buy the bike you want and take it straight to a a spray shop and get the colour scheme you want?

PP
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,165
    Why do people compromise on performance and the perfect bike for them for the sake of aesthetics?

Wow this bike is perfect in size with awesome finishing kit, top drawer wheels and groupset all at an amazing price! But I dont like the colour so sodit!

So your affection for Bianchi has nothing to do with the paintjob?
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Mad_Malx wrote:

So your affection for Bianchi has nothing to do with the paintjob?

owned 4 Bianchi's . A 928, a Via Nirone 7, a Sempre and a Sempre Pro.

Only the current Sempre Pro was Celeste. Ever other bike was either mainly white or black. I nearly bought a bright Yellow Scott Foil. Couldn't give a damn about the colour. don't particularly look at it when I am sat upon it. its a bike not an ornament.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Took me 7 years of scouring and waiting to find my dream bike in the perfect (to me) colours. It was worth it. I had a really good bike but because I didn't like the way it looked it never really clicked with me.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I know what you mean about the colour, I am not spending a lot on a bike in a colour I don't like. It does have to fit and ride well first but not in a dodgy colour.