Kuota Frame Views?

magoo289
magoo289 Posts: 223
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi

Been looking at getting carbon frame for a while to build as 2nd bike, has anyone got views on Kuota frames?

From reading on the forum that the Kharma Evo can be a rough ride and the Kuraro is a good upgrade, would be keen to hear views.

This is a picture of a built Kuraro:

http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk/Kuota_Kuraro.html

Sportpursuit have the range of frames at about half price. [url][http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/kuota-road-frames/url][/url]

Comments

• Hi. I have the Kharma and it is indeed a somewhat bone rattling experience probably reserved for the Italian roads. Skittish on down hill sections but I don't mind that experience. Think twice about the purchase if its comfort your after. Cant comment on the Kuraro the geometry seems pretty similar visually at least. Would I buy another Kuota, probably not, cant compare the build quality against my Wilier others may disagree.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I had a Kharma and in terms of comfort it was no different to any other carbon bike I've ridden. I wouldn't call it a rough ride - I did lots of 300km plus rides on it including 5 X 300km back-to-back days. As always, bike set up, the right saddle and tyre pressure make way more difference than the properties of the frame.

So if you like the look of the Kuraro and it's a good price then just buy it :wink:
    More problems but still living....
  • c_tab
    c_tab Posts: 2
    I have a Kharma and think its great. I don't find the ride hard at all and I have my tyres rock hard. I've seen the Sportpursuit offer and if I could shift the look bike I have for sale I'd be looking at a KOM-Air frame from there.
  • So is it just me who finds the internal routing resonating on poor surfaces, sounds the business on silky smooth roads though I will say that. Had an awful lot of bad luck with the bike, noise after noise and frequent visits to the shop to rectify the issues. sorted now though. A stunning looking bike there's no doubt in that respect probably more suited to TT imo.