X fusion slant

russyh
russyh Posts: 1,375
edited January 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi,
Been busy googling looking for some new forks for my Covert and I like what I have read about the x fusion slants RL2's, they seem to be great value and get great reviews. Has anyone got any experience of these forks at all?

Cheers.

Comments

• I've got a set of the normal RL2's. I have had them reduced to 145mm travel to keep the axle to crown same as my old Revs. I like them, it was between these and Pikes, in the end I realised I wouldn't be able to exploit the Pikes (or really tell the difference!), so opted for the cheaper Slants. They feel very nice, i may as well use the word plush as it seems the best way to describe forks. They are also stiffer than my Revs, but thats probably more the 34mm stanchions and tapered steerer. The only thing I don't like is a bit of stiction when they are first compressed, but once they have had a couple of cycles this disappears. But......given that my riding is average at best I may not be the best reference point.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Thanks barrel maker, it am really given them some thought. I know nothing of xfusion really as a brand. It's between new pikes and these for me now, fox 34's seem over priced in comparison and to be honest get some fairly shocking revies of late. Anyone had or used the new pike and the slant for comparison ?