Planet X RT-58 Ultegra 6800 11 or Cube Agree GTC Pro Compact

Vince16
Vince16 Posts: 4
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I am new to the forum.

I have been mainly mountain biking for the last few years and occasionally trying to ride my 26 year old record sprint.

I now want to do more road cycling and possibly some charity rides.

I have up to £1500 to spend I want something light and fast with decent components, but comfy to do a good amount of miles on. Seem to be leaning on carbon for the frame, but it doesn't have to be. I like the 2 bikes in the subject line, but don't know anything about Planet X and what sort of riding position they have. Can anyone provide advice on these 2 models or others that fit into my budget?

Also aiming to buy online, I am 5ft 11". I have tried a 56cm felt and it seemed ok. Would this be the best size or a 58cm. My old rayleigh is a 25" frame and feels very large I can't raise the seat at all.

Cheers

Comments

• Out of those two choices I would definitely go for the Canyon every time :wink:

http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3237
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    of those two I'd also consider the Giant TCR Composite 1 :wink:

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/150605/pr ... wwodhkEAFw
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Thanks, both look good and with good spec. Right at the top end of the money though.
  • focuz
    focuz Posts: 150
    viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12948302
    Love mine! Mines the Sram option, great ride and pretty light too
  • Nice bike. It looks great with the wheels. I am going to look at some treks and giants tomorrow, but would like to get something a bit different
  • birdie23
    birdie23 Posts: 457
    Without knowing what position the Planet X is I'd get that. Mainly because of the 6800 set on it to be honest.

I have a Cube from 2012 and I don't think they've changed the frame much since then, really nice bike. I have 105 on mine like the Pro now comes with and it rides like a beauty. The frame sizes are meant to be a bit strange from Cube though. I'm 5'8" on a 56cm though and I wouldn't call it cramped for me.
    2012 Cube Agree GTC