New bars for my camber

alexthebear
alexthebear Posts: 349
edited January 2014 in MTB buying advice
After having spent a good few days out on my spesh camber I've decided I hate my bars, I'm after a smaller degree back sweep and upsweep, currently got Specialized XC low-rise, 680mm wide, 8 degree back sweep, 6 degree up, 31.8mm. Did come across these (I'd cut them down to 700/710) but as you can see their 2012 and I doubt will ever be seen again, anyone running a flatter straighter bar that won't break the bank £40-50 max.

Ride mainly trail center and woodlands

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    How about Exotic Carbon, good reviews, right width, no upsweep and much less backsweep than your current ones
    http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=94&p=1255&

Which of the 2 quoted sweeps is for the bars CRC are selling, the numbers for one are much like your current ones!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Nice choice thanks, am going to try and stretch to a new stem as well. CRC have some great offers on still, think ill bring the stem down from 90 to 60.

Wondering whether to get a cheap flat bar for a tenner off CRC to see if I like them first before getting the nice carbon one suggested? If I do like it I'll cut the cheap one down and put it on my daughters 24" and reduce the weight of it a bit :lol:

Oh and it was the 5degree back 2degree upsweep that I was after on the Funn bar I spotted
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    I bought an Easton Haven on offer from Merlin for my Stumpy.
    Rise and sweep is close to what you already have but the increased length (711mm) makes it less noticeable.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • JBA wrote:
    I bought an Easton Haven on offer from Merlin for my Stumpy.
    Rise and sweep is close to what you already have but the increased length (711mm) makes it less noticeable.

Nice price but even more back sweep than my current ones, going to try a cheap flat bar to see how I like it, if need be I'll buy up a few different 2nd hand bars so I can figure out exactly what I'm after, may cost me an extra £30 but I will end up with the perfect setup :)

Oh and I've found my next stem link
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Just googled it, wow that stem's heavy!
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Not as heavy as my hussefelt stem!
  • :lol: I appriciate the concern but I am currently 15st 3 @ around 25% body fat, trust me there are more cost effective ways of saving a couple hundred grams, like riding my bike more :lol:
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Fair enough! Whatever takes your fancy, it is a nice colour at least!
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.