Calling all Colnago experts - C59 on ebay, real or fake?

Comments

• Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Looks genuine and an absolute bargain, if you won it then ask for the frame number and email Laura at Colnago for her to check.

But on the basic photo's he provided I would say it is a genuine, whether the frame exists or not remains to be seen, if you did win it then only pay via PayPal or Cre4dit card.
  • Yeah, thats what i'm thinking, from the pics (as far as i can tell from my untrained eye) there's apparently no reason to think its a fake. We'll see.....
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    looks good to me too, grad it while its hot ..
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    So; OP - are you the winning bidder?
  • Yep :-)
  • The seller says the frame has been used for 2 seasons, but has an uncut steerer - looking at the photos it either had a lot of spacers (too many to be practical) or replacement forks (has it been crashed?).
  • yeah, I know - seems odd, but worth a punt for ~300eur
  • Fingers crossed its ok and the seller goes through with the sale. How much is he asking for postage?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Pics look real, but really this is way too good to be true, 300 quid for a C59!
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Always, always, always use Google search by image if in doubt:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Colnago-C59-I ... 7675.l2557

Doesn't necessarily mean you've been scammed, but the fact that they've nicked someone's photos isn't encouraging.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Bargepole.

But there's a small chance of it arriving, I suppose.
  • Yeah, stinks of a scam to me...haven't paid yet, so unless I can pay through paypal and the seller can reassure me (a great deal), I am walking away
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    As long as you pay via paypal the ebay money back guarentee (as included on the very item page you link to) will cover you if it is not legit.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Real c59 but most likely a scam coming from the ukraine
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • His other advert says 'no paypal over 275 euros'…..hmmmm
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Which is a breach of ebay T&Cs isn't it? That plus the stolen photos - I'd report him and get out of there.
  • MajorMantra, thats what I'm thinking too
  • Velonutter
    Edited: - Scrub all that I have written

Seeing the other auction is deffo a scam, avoid at all costs and report him.
  • Velonutter
    Always, always, always use Google search by image if in doubt:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Colnago-C59-I ... 7675.l2557

Doesn't necessarily mean you've been scammed, but the fact that they've nicked someone's photos isn't encouraging.

I'm interested in how you googled the image, where did you get the criteria to search?, Thanks.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    You can just drag the image onto http://www.google.co.uk/imghp, or post the url for the image to that.
  • ^useful
  • marcusww
    marcusww Posts: 202
    Another problem I have found in ebay with this respect:
    Ebay collects your photos and puts them into a library. Other users can legitimately use those photos in a listing found in the ebay library. We only know this as another user used our photos from a live listing - when we complained the user emailed the ebay link for the library to us.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Marcusww wrote:
    Other users can legitimately use those photos in a listing found in the ebay library. We only know this as another user used our photos from a live listing - when we complained the user emailed the ebay link for the library to us.

Just because they can physically do so does not explain why any genuine person would need to.

Surely if you have an item for sale you should use photos of the actual item, anything else suggests a problem.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Hmmmm. Look at the vendors feedback. He's sold only 3 items. Two you can currently view. Both had normal bidding on them until they got bumped up to the final price by a no longer registered seller.

Of course, with Paypal now the funds don't come out of your account for a couple of weeks so you should receive the item before the money changes hands. But why make work for people for a frame that doesn't exist. But then of course he doesn't accept paypal for items over 275 Euro (though his shill bidder ensures the item will always cost more than that).
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Yeah, guy is insisting on bank transfer only, so I'm walking away and reporting him to ebay

Scam-bar-steward!
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Ask for the bank details first, say you will transfer it next week as you are not at home, then report him to eBay and give them those bank details, that's what I'd do anyway
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    jonjones13 wrote:
    Yeah, guy is insisting on bank transfer only, so I'm walking away and reporting him to ebay

Scam-bar-steward!

Ask him why he isn't accepting Paypal. If he mumbles something about Paypal charging him fees, offer to pay the fees. Might as well make him suffer a bit!

Don't pay by Paypal though. Even though the money only goes out of your account after two weeks, Paypal pays the vendor straight away so they then have to recover the money from the scum.

I guess you can spoil his 100% feedback quite legitimately though. On the subject of feedback - read the feedback he has left for others (and note the dates)......http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=dinar*vidiax&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers
    Faster than a tent.......
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Rolf F wrote:
    jonjones13 wrote:
    Yeah, guy is insisting on bank transfer only, so I'm walking away and reporting him to ebay

Scam-bar-steward!

Ask him why he isn't accepting Paypal. If he mumbles something about Paypal charging him fees, offer to pay the fees. Might as well make him suffer a bit!

Don't pay by Paypal though. Even though the money only goes out of your account after two weeks, Paypal pays the vendor straight away so they then have to recover the money from the scum.

I guess you can spoil his 100% feedback quite legitimately though. On the subject of feedback - read the feedback he has left for others (and note the dates)......http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=dinar*vidiax&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers
    What a joke his feedback.
    Scum bag :x
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    gosh you just never know do you, just chalk it down to a bad experience OP ...
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    Certainly evidence of shill bidding :evil: