Comfortable road bike?

tomsimmonds
tomsimmonds Posts: 66
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I currently have a 2006 Specialized tarmac expert 54cm. I have had it since 2008 and i think its now time for upgrade. My main reason for upgrade is fit. I have found that i have had to raise the saddle quiet a bit making the riding position very uncomfortable.

I am now looking for a new road bike with a more relaxed, long distance geometry. I have looked at the Boardman Pro Carbon 2014 and am wondering what other bikes have this kind of geometry?

My budget is around £1300

Thanks

Tom

Comments

• kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    The kind of bikes to look at are trek domane, specialized roubaix , cannondale synapse etc.

These all have more upright riding positions. It is more important you get a bike that is the right size and fits you properly. Having the saddle very high normally means your bike is too small. You could try flipping the stem so it is in the upright position to see if that helps or even buy an adjustable stem to try various setups.

Try some test rides at your local bike shop.
  • If you can stretch the budget a little, Evans Cycles have a Trek Domane 4.5 on sale for £1600, reduced from £2200. I have one and can't praise it highly enough. It has a carbon frame and the relaxed geometry that you are looking for.
  • Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    If you have had to raise the saddle quite a bit does this mean you are still growing? Was it comfortable when you first bought it? It may just be you need a larger frame size rather than a completely different geometry bike.
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1