RIP Trigger

MartinGT
MartinGT Posts: 475
edited January 2014 in The cake stop
Sad news :(

Roger Lloyd-Pack aka Trigger from Only Fools and Horses has passed away at 69 :(

Comments

• nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Rodney: Oi, Del, why'd they call him Trigger? Does he carry a gun or something?
    Del Boy: Na, it's coz he looks like an horse.

Guess he has gone to the big sparkly glue factory in the sky.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    This bothers me more than most of the recent RIP threads, the man was hilarious, lines like this crack me up....

Mike: So?

Trigger: What?

Mike: What name have they decided on?

Trigger: If it's a girl they're calling it Sigourney after an actress, and if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney after Dave!

:lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • MartinGT
    MartinGT Posts: 475
    arran77 wrote:
    This bothers me more than most of the recent RIP threads, the man was hilarious, lines like this crack me up....

Mike: So?

Trigger: What?

Mike: What name have they decided on?

Trigger: If it's a girl they're calling it Sigourney after an actress, and if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney after Dave!

He was mega and did everything with a straight face, a great actor. I grew up watching OFaH and still love watching the stuff now, so yes, its sad :(
  • arran77
    That was the thing, it was all done with a totally straight face, genius 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    He was good in Dibley too.
  • Shackster
    Shackster Posts: 257
    And let's face it, many of us have the same approach to bike ownership that trigger had to brooms....
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • Shackster wrote:
    And let's face it, many of us have the same approach to bike ownership that trigger had to brooms....

So true :D
  • arran77
    Shackster wrote:

So true :D

It's what we try to convince the missus anyway :lol:

seanoconn
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    "The thing is Trig, birds these days are only interested in talking about money".

Some ladies wander over...

"Here Delboy have you seen that new £5 note?"
  • I saw him in Twelfth Night at the Globe alongside Stephen Fry, in 2012. He was great on stage, and seemed very nice as he sat near us in the cafe afterwards. He signed my girlfriend's programme and accepted our praise with grace and humility.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,582
    I saw him in Twelfth Night at the Globe alongside Stephen Fry, in 2012. He was great on stage, and seemed very nice as he sat near us in the cafe afterwards. He signed my girlfriend's programme and accepted our praise with grace and humility.

Yep, I think because he has played some brilliant comedy characters people perhaps don't realise / remember that he was an excellent actor in general.

Never realised before that Emily Lloyd is his daughter though.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Very sad news, Trigger was a character the nation loved, but it takes comic genius to play it so well. RIP.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Strange really but hearing the news today genuinely made me sad, more so than the usual reaction I have to the death of a famous person. I suppose it must be because Trigger who he played so brilliantly was such a popular and loveable character who made people laugh with nearly every line he uttered, and was a character a lot of us kind of grew up with.

It was no doubt great writing by John Sullivan that made OFaH the great show that it was, but it was also actors such as Roger Lloyd-Pack who delivered the lines so brilliantly that you just could not imagine anyone else being Trigger, the sign of a great actor I think.

I read somewhere recently of a possible one off episode of OFaH which I didn't think was a good idea as most reunion shows are never as good as before, and with something as fondly remembered as OFaH and no John Sullivan around to have final say I doubt it ever could be. Now with today's sad news I hope that they forget about it all together, as I really can't imagine OFaH without Trigger.

Having said all that, if they were to make an episode that had the death of Trigger written into the script, like they did with Grandad, I think it would be a real tearjerker! I've just pictured them laying his broom on top of his coffin. :cry: Apologies I know I'm mixing up a character with the real man.

RIP Roger.
  • He'll be sadly missed, he was a very good actor and a man who kept his private life, private.

Rest in peace.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Shackster
    Shackster Posts: 257
    I've just pictured them laying his broom on top of his coffin. :cry:

That just made me well up!
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike