arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited January 2014 in The cake stop
Following on from this....

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=12955276

I thought this was appropriate.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22000973

So what class are you?

I'm 'technical middle class' :wink:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    technical middle class :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • arran77
    technical middle class :wink:

I live right next to one of top three places in the country for this according to the beeb so at least I fit in :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,804
    Established middle class.

Totally predictable.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Technical Middle Class.

Though part of that TMC's definition is Enjoy emerging culture such as going to the gym and using social media which was determined from my answer that I exercise. I had no idea that cycling and running was middle class; most of the people I see on bikes are working class scum on crappy MTBs. Strange.
  • arran77
    GiantMike wrote:
    Technical Middle Class.

Though part of that TMC's definition is Enjoy emerging culture such as going to the gym and using social media which was determined from my answer that I exercise. I had no idea that cycling and running was middle class; most of the people I see on bikes are working class scum on crappy MTBs. Strange.

So it would appear that I'm not actually scum then.

seanoconn
  • GiantMike
    arran77 wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    Technical Middle Class.

As I say, it's a flawed survey. It means you don't think you're scum. :wink:
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    GiantMike wrote:
    Technical Middle Class.

Interesting, in the past cycling was always seen as a working class pastime. A friend of mine who married into an 'upper class' family once asked the 18 year son in the family jokingly "why are you wasting your time breeding spaniels for hunting? - get a real hobby. he withering response was "what do you know, you only cycle" before the rest of the 'upper class' family laughed in agreement
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • arran77
    GiantMike wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    Technical Middle Class.

As I say, it's a flawed survey. It means you don't think you're scum. :wink:

I know I'm not scum.

seanoconn
  • Elite - happy with that.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    It said 'Elite' but when I said I was from Middlesbrough it changed to 'Tracksuited Underclass'.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    technical middle class
  • GiantMike
    matthew h wrote:
    technical middle class
    I'm suspecting there's a typo on the BBC site. Maybe they mean:

Technically Middle Class but.....[insert disclaimer why we all think we're higher up the pecking order than we really are].
  • zanelad
    zanelad Posts: 269
    Established middle class. Which just goes to prove what a crock of shite it is..... :D
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Established middle class, which is fair enough even if I'm unsure how 'established' I am.

Apparently the most gregarious group, just because I have some friends who are lorry drivers and others who are artists.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Established middle class. Sounds like nonsense to me - my parents had one O level between them, my dad worked as a printer with a 7 year apprenticeship and after 50 years working was taking home just over £200 and my mum did a range of jobs including cleaner, carer, shop assistant and school caretaker so even if I have joined the 'middle classes' I'm not sure how it is established! Seemed a bizzarre result given the answers I gave too.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    New affluent worker (scum+) but I'm not young or sociable :evil:
    I know I'm scum+ so it came as no real shock. :wink:
    If anyone had asked me I would have just said working class.
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    Precariat

No surprise there then...
  • Technical middle class according to that survey, I'd call myself traditional working class though.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • New affluent worker.

I don't feel very affluent though.

I suspect that the question on house ownership might have something to do with it. I took the liberty of putting the price it would sell for rather than the purchase price - my grandfather bought it for £2,100 but it's worth a bit more than that now.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Established Middle Class, first I knew about it. :shock:
  • Elite . . . which proves to me it's boll0cks.
    Got a place in the Pyrenees.
    Do bike and ski stuff.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    There's another 'o' in there ^^^^