rockshox reba sl compression adjust

crispy1980
crispy1980 Posts: 310
edited January 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Quick and maybe daft question. I was looking on the loco tuning guide and they talk about high and low speed compression adjustments. Do I have this facility on the rebas? I know there is a compression knob on the top with a floodgates adjust on top of that ?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    It can. It all depends on what you have.

Ie you might or you might not.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • What would I look for to determine either way? Reason I ask is that I'm currently running the forks at a lower pressure than I normally would and I'm loving the extra plushness this provides. However, upon landing a smooth table top type jump the forks are bottoming out . Looking at the guide it seems I need to increase the slow speed compression ?
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Low speed compression damping controls how the wheel moves at low speeds (the speed of suspension movement, not the speed you're travelling) - how it tracks small bumps and undulations or rollers, how it squats under power and how it reacts to cornering forces. High speed compression controls how the suspension reacts to sudden or sharp impacts - hitting large bumps, roots, rocks etc, or landing from jumps. If you're bottoming out from jumps (and assuming your sag is set correctly) then you need to increase high speed compression damping.
  • Yes sorry, got that the wrong way round. !! Any links to what I should be looking for?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There is no high speed adjustment on this fork. You need to up the positive pressure again.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    There's no high speed compression and the low speed damper is very basic.
    You need to increase the air pressure again and if you are clearing jumps to the landing it will be a lot easier on the forks as well.
  • Ok no problem, I'll do that