Old pictures from the 90's

Graydawg
Graydawg Posts: 673
edited January 2014 in Your pics and vids
Was going through some old photos from 'when I was a lad' and stumbled across a couple from the mid 1990's I think of a couple of bikes so thought I would share the nostalgia with you! :)

My friend Craig on his GT Palomar - I think this was the entry level GT bike at the time but I was rather envious nonetheless:
CraigonhisGT.jpg

GTPalomar.jpg

My Good old Raleigh Activator. I had the frame replaced on this because the original metallic blue frame had cracked at the seatpost, so ended up with this purple one. This weighed a TON, but I still loved it! Used it for everything, the school run, playing in the woods and my paper round! :D

Activator.jpg

RaleighActivator.jpg

After I had saved up enough money to buy a new bike, I went for this, Carerra Gradient. It cost me about £250 I think....It was much better that my Activator, even though it had no suspension. I would love to get my hands on one of these again and restore it, especially with the retro tyres!

CarerraGradient3.jpg

CarerraGradient2.jpg

MyCarerraGradient.jpg

CarerraGradient.jpg

Anyway, thanks for looking! :D
It's been a while...

Comments

• kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Reminds me of my early 1990's GT Outpost. You had to be a real man then, rigid front fork and cantilever brakes that only slowed you down at low speeds. Anything steep and fast and you risked getting shaken to bits with no way of stopping.
  • My Dad still rides his Carerra Gradient. Think it is all still original apart from tyres and a new Charge seat. It is perfectly fine for his pootles around the Lincolnshire Fens...