Can you fit standard forks to lefty cannondale frame?

kenlawrence
kenlawrence Posts: 17
edited January 2014 in MTB general
hello all, ive been looking at a cannondale frame for sale with a view to buying it but its made for 'lefty forks' and has lefty bearing cups. would i be able to use these or fit different ones so i could fit my standard size rockshox on it? Or is it only compatible with lefty forks/ thanks guys!

Comments

• just in case it makes any difference i would be fitting rockshox duke xc u-turns on it,
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You will need Cannondale specific reducers as the headtube is a funny size.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • are these hard to find or expensive do you know? thanks
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    They're a 1.5" head tube - any reducer headset should work. Cannondale do reducers, but prob a more expensive way of doing it.

The bigger issue is that Dukes were terrible 10 years ago, and have improved with age. I'd question the worth.
  • hi, yes thats fair enough about the forks, would just be using them as i already have them and not any lefty ones, would look into buying some new ones in the future though. ok ill look into the reducers, might chain reactions sell them do you think or is it more of a specialized part for them? also out of interest do you think rockshox tora sl 302's are better than the dukes? they both work well, made for different uses i guess so maybe hard to compare, the dukes have the easton taperwall goldy colour stantions which i have been old are quite good but im very new to it all so not really sure myself, thanks
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I thought they were odd sizes but maybe I'm thinking of Headshock.
    Anyway
    http://www.cannondaleanswers.com/defini ... ain-bikes/
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools