Anywhere - Good Bike Hire

TheStone
TheStone Posts: 2,291
Very general. I want to go away for a decent training weekend (probably late Feb, early Mar).

I don't really care where, but I don't want to faff around with taking the bike again. Therefore, it's restricted to somewhere with good bike hire and not too much of a cab ride from an airport ... and not too long of a flight.

Mallorca is the obvious, but done that twice now and fancy something different.
And I'm off to Girona later in the year anyway.

Any ideas?
exercise.png

Comments

• lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    How about the Cote D'Azur? Great cycling around Nice, and this hire company is based in the centre of Nice:

http://cyclecotedazur.com/

Nice has it's own airport, and (for me) is about 2.5 hours from Manchester and cheap flights via Jet2 (other low cost airlines are available).
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Try rad-international in sw mallorca. Various locations inc palma nova and santa ponsa that aren't far from the airport with loads of accommodation.
    Very good bikes and some different rides you may not have done if you usually go up to pollensa.
    Andratx to Soller is a fantastic run along the coast. The Orient / Bunyola area is nice as well which you may not have done. Then some easier stuff out past el arenal and its home time.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.