upperoilcan
upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
edited January 2014 in The cake stop
Anyone watching this on Channel 5 ?
Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.

Comments

• kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Yeah, I watched it. Fair play to the bloke that had never ridden a bike before.
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Buckles wrote:

Well not many people will have seen that thread then will they :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • upperoilcan
    arran77 wrote:

:D I gotta say until that link was posted I don't think I've ever visited that board.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    arran77 wrote:

:D I gotta say until that link was posted I don't think I've ever visited that board.

Nor me, don't reckon I'll be visiting again either :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • neal1984
    neal1984 Posts: 240
    Was a good watch. Fair play to the 66 year old I'm fairly confident I couldn't make the finish right now

Life is like riding a bicycle: you don't fall off unless you stop pedaling.

Scott Foil Team Issue HMX Di2
    Boardman Team Carbon LTD
  • upperoilcan
    arran77 wrote:

Nor me, don't reckon I'll be visiting again either :lol:

+1 :D
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Chapeau to the old chap!!
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    I enjoyed watching it and so did my wife. I did think it was unrealistic bordering on irresponsible to expect them to complete that course with just 12 weeks training.

Fair play to the old guy, big chapeau to him and great to see the young one take up cycling as a hobby. His waist was looking pretty big at the beggining.

It really looked like the woman was play acting with the whole concussion thing, could be wrong but that's the way it looked. It was an enormous challenge for novices to take on. Kinda glad those 2 didn't make it or the it would have made it look like anyone could these things, only us elitists should be allowed you know.