Good day/bad day but a result nonetheless

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,316
edited January 2014 in The bottom bracket
I went to the doctor as the whole right side of my face was aching. "You have a dental infection, you will need to go to the dentist". So I toodle off to the dentist. The dentist can't see me but says if it is an extraction you need, you will need antibiotics first.
I'm lucky (or so I thought) as my Doctor is exiting the surgery. "I cannot prescribe anti-biotics for a dental problem". I toodle off back to the dentists. They are shut for lunch. Receptionist (take away Subway in hand) tells me to come back at 2.30.
The pain gets worse. I have an appointment with a client I cannot miss. I jam 30mg of Codein in the gap between the offending tooth and another one.
I did not make it back to the dentists in time. The pain is now excrutiating. I'll have to wait another day, get the prescription, wait a few days for it to kick in and hope to get an appointment in the near future.
I said to myself I am not waiting that long:
This is the second toof submitted to dear old forumites:

11934852853_d47bf51dff_z.jpg

What a releif. Then full of the joys with not an ounce of discomfort, I watch in kinks my (nearly) 3 year old attempt to wear all the (dirty) laundry at the same time:

11935128484_e3d45b328b_z.jpg

Happy days. Now I don't have to run some arsy crudder into the ditch to vent my (mixed with pain) frustration. Peace to all.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    Happy days. Now I don't have to run some arsy crudder into the ditch to vent my (mixed with pain) frustration. Peace to all.
    I can't think who you're talking about...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Stevo 666 wrote:

He loves us really
  • Stevo_666
    I know :)

I'm back off to the leftiebollox thread to have some fun...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I was tempted to go on there and ask for advice on how to blow my bonus...... Then I remembered - I'm married and therefore it's already gone
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

He loves us really

More than that, he wishes he was one of us :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I was tempted to go on there and ask for advice on how to blow my bonus...... Then I remembered - I'm married and therefore it's already gone
    What! You got a bonus? I remember them.
    I almost sympathise with El Piña. I've nearly finished the antibiotics I was given for my toothache, then back to the torture chamber in a couple of days to see what's going on. Deep joy
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Is that what you call it :P

It's a busy life then there are lefties on the internet who are wrong...speaking of which, where's Pina Colada gone?
  • pinno
    Sat here with a smile on my face (well almost all of a smile).

@Veronese69. I'll do the job. If you want to DIY, it's the most fantastic feeling of self empowerment.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I am the professor of medicine at the medical school - (oh yes and also dentistry too). Your tooth has a yellow tinge indicating a liver disfunction caused by drinking too much and malaria. I'm afraid that you are going to die. Can you please send me 200 guineas for my fee.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • tlw1
    FishFish wrote:
    I am the professor of medicine at the medical school - (oh yes and also dentistry too). Your tooth has a yellow tinge indicating a liver disfunction caused by drinking too much and malaria. I'm afraid that you are going to die. Can you please send me 200 guineas for my fee.

Where does piña live?
  • veronese68

@Veronese69. I'll do the job. If you want to DIY, it's the most fantastic feeling of self empowerment.

Ooh, very kind of you to offer. Do you do home visits?
  • pinno
    FishFish wrote:

No, if you were the once tortured and now exiled Prince of Nigeria I would.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:

Ooh, very kind of you to offer. Do you do home visits?

Yes, but you'll have to wait till I get my communting machine complete with DIY medical kit for the panniers together.
    In the meanwhile, I want you to prepare yourself. Use a single malt mouthwash 12 times a day to numb the niggling little f**k*r.
    I will need a coal fire to heat up my poker so it is red hot and sterile (something it has not been ever since I went to Middlesborough - can you arrange this?
  • veronese68
    Poker? That's comparatively civilised. I thought the Scottish way to remove teeth involved drinking heavily followed by a well placed right hook.
    eta: I shall carry on the medicinal whiskey.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Poker? That's comparatively civilised. I thought the Scottish way to remove teeth involved drinking heavily followed by a well placed right hook.
    eta: I shall carry on the medicinal whiskey.

As the Kenyan ambassador to Scotland, I have come to the following conclusion about this strange mix of 'ginga heided' tribes people. Some wear blue outfits and some wear green and white outfits no matter what time of year, no matter what the weather:

I am attempting to civilise them. I actually think a foreign army could galvanise them a bit more if only they would get themselves together and invade. They could impose proper games like drinking Tea (not eating 'Tea'), playing cricket (not Shinti), playing Football (not FootieVolleyHoofitJimmyGetStuckintaeHimKicktheBastar'Kunt).
    They need to move away from the split personality vernacular tendency to say 'wee' Elephant and getting all sentimental about the year gone by at hogmanay saying inexplicably stoopid things like "it's all over" at the same time.
    In all my international travel, I have been all over the world - Trecodillot, St Ives, St Agnes, Bodmin, Exeter, I have never met a tribe of people who take no pleasure in weddings, they almost always end up in more than one fight and I have never seen so many people exiting funerals en masse looking so happy.
    When I return the the comfort of my Kiberu corrugated tin hut and my 37 children, 5 wives, 3 goats and 12 chickens, I will have many stories to tell.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    @p... That's veronese68. Bit of a Freudian slip there mate!
  • veronese68
    I think it's wishful thinking on piña's part.